Note Card question

Goodwoman1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im wondering how people set up there Notecard giver like with out clicking on anything.

Example: As soon As I enter a SIM Im giving a Note card and a LM with out clicking on anything.

it automatically shows up in my upper left hand corner of my screen ,

I run a rental business and Id like my Visitors to know what type of Home  rental

Business im running. 

with out taking up sooo much Prim.

Any idea how to set that up?

5 answers to this question

You can find welcomers, notifiers, and visitor trackers in the marketplace. Plus a load of other stuff for in-world merchants.

These are scripted objects that detect when an avatar touches them and then take some action. They are not overly complicated. So, if you write scripts, you can build your own.

A script that can give a notecard & LM upon entering a region or parcel would use the LSL functions llGetAgentList (which can be set to list all avatars in a region or in a parcel) and llGiveInventoryList (which will put the notecard & LM in a folder to make them easier to find). The script should keep track of which avatars it has given inventory to so that it doesn't continuously offer inventory to the same person. Check the Marketplace if you don't want to write it yourself.

However, I don't think it's a good idea to offer the notecard/LM unsolicited. Many people are annoyed by it. If renters have visitors the visitors really shouldn't be given a notecard; annoy the visitors and you could lose renters. If you have a parcel that's used as a rental office or information area you could possibly give the notecard/LM to people who are in that parcel since you can assume they'd be interested in the information.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

However, I don't think it's a good idea to offer the notecard/LM unsolicited. Many people are annoyed by it. If renters have visitors the visitors really shouldn't be given a notecard; annoy the visitors and you could lose renters. If you have a parcel that's used as a rental office or information area you could possibly give the notecard/LM to people who are in that parcel since you can assume they'd be interested in the information.

^^ this

Goodwoman1, be circumspect about who you target with your auto-giver. As Parhelion suggests best to only auto-give to people who enter the rental office / info kiosk itself 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.