issues with sitting in SL

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seem to be having issues with seats in places like Fogbound. I click sit here, and I sit, but no menu for the poses comes up anymore, and I'm just sitting there in an awkward manner. This just started happening recently at Fogbound, but it also happened at Frank's in the past, and I never did find out why. I thought it might be my AO, but it's not, and I'm not running any animations when this happens, so what might be causing this? No one seems to know and I've exhausted every theory I had.

Any ideas anyone?

19 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

It could be that the object's scripts need resetting, but that'd be a job for the owner.

Or perhaps the object isn't scripted at all?  Most things aren't, even things that may look like they should be.  If you sit on a random unscripted object, the servers will place you at an unpredictable spot with an unpredictable rotation and, if you have your AO turned off, with the default sit anim.  That can look kind of weird at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

Ok, but the OP used the words "menu" and "anymore", which suggests to me that they at least used to be scripted.

True, but as long as we are grasping at straws, I figured I would toss that one out there.  Expectations do not always match well with reality.

I've had trouble sitting on some things.  It can be:

• Your AO is interfering.  Turn it off before sitting.
  • Your hover height is wrong.  If you've adjusted it for correct height while standing, you can end up sitting too high or low.   Either adjust it again, or live with it.
  • You missed the item's animation request notice.  Check your notices.
  • You thought you clicked Accept to the notice, but you actually Blocked it.  Check your blacklist.
  • The item is set to only allow the owner, or a specific group, to use the menu. 
  • You clicked the wrong place.  Some things want you to click a pillow, or a bed frame, or...well, just try clicking in different spots.
  • SL is having problems.
  • The thing is just a stupid piece of cr*p.  Growl at it, and go sit somewhere more comfortable.

Well I tried Eric's suggestion for settings, no luck there, and just came back to Fogbound after a sim restart very few people here, and still no sit menu anymore from any of the stools. It's not lag I'm pretty sure. Don't know what the issue is, but the stools work for everyone else. Tried turning off my AO, no difference. I'm pretty baffled here.

26 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well I tried Eric's suggestion for settings, no luck there, and just came back to Fogbound after a sim restart very few people here, and still no sit menu anymore from any of the stools. It's not lag I'm pretty sure. Don't know what the issue is, but the stools work for everyone else. Tried turning off my AO, no difference. I'm pretty baffled here.

Did you check you haven't blocked it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.