TP fails again !!!

Annaflorawild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Annahperv: it DOES seem as though TP disconnects have returned with recent server software changes, I am seeing more than I used to, at least one per day in SL.

That said there are many other important factors that can affect your ability to TP successfully, not least the strength of your internet connection to SL and the script count and complexity of your avatar.

Assuming that there are no changes to your connection or your avatar, the hand-off process from simulator to simulator is a fickle process and recent changes to script run scheduling MAY have inadvertently negatively impacted that function.  I will leave it to wiser heads than mine to give chapter and verse on this. :)

According to Aishagain, there's NO changes in my connection ,set ups  or my avatar.The TP fails behavior reminds me the same kind of fails we were having not so long time ago...and please notice, I open the map before try to TP to prevent an issue, but even in this way the fail sometimes happens ( more users on line, more it happens). Thank you for your attention.

And just adding some information about me :My internet has more than 100 mb, it's not bad, I have more than 6 years in SL and I always keep my AVI with low complexity, less than 70 k .....I use Firestorm for long, the new update keeps the TP issues, same behavior of the older version.Sometimes when I open the map, it takes long time to show the regions.When I see this lag to open the map it's almost sure that I will crash.

I am a frequent Sim hopper myself and my own experience is I've not had a tp related crash in a couple of years now. I asked friends when I saw this post and none of them report it as a problem either.  If it were to suddenly start happening to me I'd take a detailed look at local conditions, maybe make a very lightweight alt and see if that makes a difference. If you are on Wifi I'd suggest running a cable to the router and see if that makes any difference.  Each link in the chain between your home and your sl access point needs to be as rugged as you can make it. Good luck !

Thanks, Suzi, I play always connected  with cable, not wi fi.Maybe a good reason for the issues is because I live a BIT FAR from SL servers ( Brazil,South America, SP state)... LOL..of course I know the performance here it will never be like living in USA.But in 6 years of experince here we start to feel when something is going wrong...that's it.

I had a few TP fails on previous main channel build, not as many as during the "great TP failure of 2019" that happened earlier this year, but around 1-2 a day if I did plenty of shopping which required me to teleport a lot. Current build has the * Includes a previously released hotfix to fix teleports being 5%-7% less reliable * according to release notes and I didn't had a single TP fail since last week's rolls.

Well,looks like it wasn't just with me...please read the LL report : Unschedule Maintenance

Resolved - Maintenance has been completed and the incident has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issues regarding accessing a region or teleporting to it, please reach out to customer support.
Nov 14, 09:48 PST
Investigating - We are currently investigating an issue that has affected access to a number of regions. During this time you may get teleport failures, or the region might appear to be offline.
Nov 13, 23:09 PST
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Annahperv said:

Well,looks like it wasn't just with me ...

It certainly wasn't just you today, but that doesn't mean solving today's widespread problems will help you with what was causing you trouble before. If it does, that's great of course, but beware intemperate expectations.

Whilst this issue was underway, I was getting ''Unable to create pending connection'' and ''Failed to grant capabilities'', on trying to enter a sim.

This is showing as resolved on the Status Page, but now, I am getting, "Sorry, the system was unable to complete your region crossing in a timely fashion. Please try again in a few minutes''.

These issues are all new to me, so I am not convinced things have been resolved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.