๐ŸŽ„ Seasonal Content and Decoration Guidelines ๐ŸŽƒ

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Magic afoot on New Year's Night?...it will vanish with the dawning of the new year...http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fjord/188/221/34

ย 

2349cee62a16fbffcc64ada400d93355.jpg

..and that's how we roll for 'unusual' seasonal decor...long enough for it to be amazing and seen, but not long enough to annoy :)

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 7:42 AM, Patch Linden said:

Howdy everyone!

There have been some questions and discussions about decorating Linden Homes in Bellisseria for holidays and seasons. Bellisseria is very much a community and part of being a community is celebrating holidays. So yes, Residents are definitely allowed or even encouraged to decorate their homes for holidays they personally enjoy or observe.

In response to the recent queries regarding seasonal decorations and content, we would like to announce the following guidelines being introduced as of today:

• Seasonal and holiday decorations are permitted as long as they are not intrusive to your neighbors and staying in general continuity of the area, as per the covenant.
  • Natural seasonal elements are permitted if they are applied subtly, such as a light dusting of snow or a scatter of leaves.
  • Decoration should not be placed out any earlier than 30 days in advance of any holiday or season represented and must be removed within 15 days of the holiday or season passing.
  • As always please take your neighbors into consideration when decorating for the season.ย 
  • Outdoor holiday decorations are "in theme" with Linden Homes if they are congruent with the holiday season (no Christmas decorations in May or Halloween decor in April)
  • Remember to keep all seasonal and holiday decorations within the borders of your parcel and ensure that no content extends over the parcel lines.

ย 

We will also be updating the covenant to include the following:

• Seasonal and holiday decorations are permitted as long as they are tastefully applied.ย 
  • Natural seasonal elements are permitted if they are applied subtly, such as a light dusting of snow or a scatter of leaves.ย 
  • Outdoor holiday decorations should be congruent with the holiday season (no Christmas decorations in May or Halloween decor in April for example).ย 
  • Remember to keep all seasonal and holiday decorations within the borders of your parcel and ensure that no content extends over the parcel lines.
  • Decoration should not be placed out any earlier than 30 days in advance of any holiday or season represented and must be removed within 15 days of the holiday or season passing.

Happy holidays!ย 

Patch & the Moles
ย 

I honestly gave up my first houseboat because of neighbors overkill... it looked horrible and lagged me bad with the animated snow prims.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

ย 

All of the "City" displays around here (RL)ย are all turned on -- they were turned around the beginning of Nov this year -- but I don't see regular houses doing it yet.ย 

I'd prefer not in Bellisseria though.ย  ย It usually just generates more lag - especially with the various snow machines that get put out.

ย 

• Like 2

Hubby and I have been fortunate in our neighbors in Belli. None have tried to ever implement snow or anything ostentatious. We have seen pretty holiday wreaths or the odd grass hedge reindeer, but that is about it. I love decorating for holidays with the Belli climate. Things get to be so simplistic and easy. Our extent this year has been a tree, front door wreath and single string of soft white holiday lights on the front porch roof. That's it.ย 

We have a winter rental that is a bit more decorated, but sometimes simple can go a long ways with decorating and consideration for one's neighbors in Belli.

• Like 5

On 11/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

All of the "City" displays around here (RL)ย are all turned on -- they were turned around the beginning of Nov this year -- but I don't see regular houses doing it yet.

when i put things up too early it always ruins my Christmas feeling long before it's actual Christmas ..ย  resulting in removing the holiday stuff and decorations halway december :)ย  (sl & rl)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when i put things up too early it always ruins my Christmas feeling long before it's actual Christmas ..ย  resulting in removing the holiday stuff and decorations halway december :)ย  (sl & rl)

Oh yes, December 1st is the earliest Iโ€™ll even consider putting up decorations in SL... in RL it doesnโ€™t usually happen until Dec 24th!

I'm a Grinch in SL - seldom ever decorate for any holiday.

In RL,if I'm putting up a tree (only when the kids are home for the holiday), I will usually wait until about a week before Christmas - primarily because I procrastinate a lot.ย  However, this year we have 2 cats that we didn't have the last time I put up a tree.ย  Therefore, I'll be doing a staged approach to things.ย  I'll first put the table top tree up without any of the ornaments or trimmings and let it sit for a week or so......... to see if they try to climb it or something.ย  If all seems okay, I'll put the lights on and see how they react to those in the evenings.ย  Then just a few non-breakable ornaments for another few days before finally finishing the tree decorating.ย 

Granted, with my luck, they will ignore the thing until I have it fully decorated and then they'll manage to knock it over and play with the ornaments.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 11/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm a Grinch in SL - seldom ever decorate for any holiday.

In RL,if I'm putting up a tree (only when the kids are home for the holiday), I will usually wait until about a week before Christmas - primarily because I procrastinate a lot.ย  However, this year we have 2 cats that we didn't have the last time I put up a tree.ย  Therefore, I'll be doing a staged approach to things.ย  I'll first put the table top tree up without any of the ornaments or trimmings and let it sit for a week or so......... to see if they try to climb it or something.ย  If all seems okay, I'll put the lights on and see how they react to those in the evenings.ย  Then just a few non-breakable ornaments for another few days before finally finishing the tree decorating.ย 

Granted, with my luck, they will ignore the thing until I have it fully decorated and then they'll manage to knock it over and play with the ornaments.

I don't decorateย anything in SL or RL until December.ย  In SL it is a tree, some lights, and maybe change the seasonal trees to a winter theme if I have that kind out (I have considered putting out a Krampus statue, though). I have had Belli neighbors who go all out with a foot of snow covering the entire parcel, roofs covered, fake cloud dropping particleย "snow" on their houses, and lit up like Las Vegas.ย  I consider winter to be December, January, and February.

In RL I also have two new kittens.ย  There is no way I'm getting a real tree.ย  If I get a small potted one, they'll probably use the pot as a litter box, if I get a big one, they'll climb it.ย  Besides, for the last few years the dogs have decided that Christmas tree water is the bomb and empty the tree well so my tree dries out and dies.ย  Christmas day arrives to a dry, brown tree and needles all over the floor.ย  I would be laughed right off my mountain if I put up a fake tree, so noย tree this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In RL, I also have a kitten that loves to climb.ย  There isย  no way in hell that I am putting up a Christmas tree this year. Myย  daughter and I are going to try a small, table top tree and see how she does with that.ย  I probably will decorate a bit in SL, as it will probably be the only place I will decorate.

ย 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2020 at 4:43 PM, Trinity1776 said:

Yes, I tossed back a Log Cabin today because the particle snow was already in place across the street.

I got a log cabin today andย across the street their snow looked a few feet deep.ย  I think its been tossed back several times today but reason I tossed it back and probably others was because the house controller isn't working so your unable to change the type of log house you have.ย  But the snow across the street was differently a good consideration for toss back. Thick snow in yard but none on roof. Odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucidity Carpathia said:

I tossed it back and probably others was because the house controller isn't working so your unable to change the type of log house you have.ย 

For the future you can reset the mailbox by clicking and holding for a few seconds, once reset you should be able to choose the house style

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.