🎄 Seasonal Content and Decoration Guidelines 🎃

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, summernightsdream said:

Today i discovered the Winter lights and the snow roof in the newly updated Content pack - lots of prims to put out but it looks lovely! Thanks for those add-ons to Patch and LL! BUT, i felt like decorating for winter now and put out some snow pads, along with iced trees and bushes. Now i am unsure if i over did it or if its ok to do - also if its too early ( it is now about 4 weeks to go till Christmas).

Overdid i? Or it's maybe still to early?

The winter lights snapped perfectly in place at my Alderley after i put them nearly in place already.

front-snowy.png

backyard-snowy.png

Perfect! And Patch said a month before, so you are all ok.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, summernightsdream said:

Today i discovered the Winter lights and the snow roof in the newly updated Content pack - lots of prims to put out but it looks lovely! Thanks for those add-ons to Patch and LL! BUT, i felt like decorating for winter now and put out some snow pads, along with iced trees and bushes. Now i am unsure if i over did it or if its ok to do - also if its too early ( it is now about 4 weeks to go till Christmas).

@summernightsdream - It looks great, not overdone IMO

@Patch Linden - You need a way to blast a notice out to all Bellisseria Home holders, to let folks know about things like updated Covenant and updated Content pack.  I was talking to someone inworld that doesn't visit the forums.  They knew nothing about the covenant change for the seasonal decorating or that there was a content pack update.  Based on some of the winter decorating that I'm seeing, I'm guessing that quite a few don't know about the covenant change -- I'm assuming that reason versus them just plain ignoring it.

• Like 4

Does anyone know the LI of the string lights for the Adams? I know that the Halloween ones were ridiculously high.  I'm already low on LI but I might reconsider deleting some stuff. 

Have I mentioned before that I need more prims...? 😭

Edited by Chuckey Jigsaw
spelling...

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Does anyone know where I can go to get individual strings, from the notecard in the LH - Winter Lights - SCRIPTED v1.0:

"You may also use the individual strings of lights that were distributed separately as a Premium gift. "

You can pick up Premium gifts at any of the usual Premium gift kiosks. https://secondlife.com/destinations/premium/gifts

ETA: There are additional kiosk locations, but I am not in world at the moment so can't check my landmarks.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I checked the Winter Lights for Winchester house. The complete light set is 17 LI. 😞 ufff... That's too much for me to use. However I noticed that it's possible to unlink some parts from the complete set. Like the long straight light string which is meant for the long side of the house. And amazingly that one is only 1 LI. Furthermore I noticed that if you link that to a simple convex hull prim it's still 1 LI. After searching I found some lonely convex hull prims floating about.

So I hang two copies of the long straight light strings on the house - one on the edge of the roof and one on the balcony add-on. I linked each light string to one convex hull prim (which I have used as picture frames). So in the end I was able to add two string lights without using any additional LI for them. Pretty cool, huh? Add lights and don't use any LI.😃 😎

2019-11-26_Winchester-winter-lights.thumb.jpg.0501d2adeada41d59c038082b86c30bb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

19 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I checked the Winter Lights for Winchester house. The complete light set is 17 LI. 😞 ufff... That's too much for me to use. However I noticed that it's possible to unlink some parts from the complete set. Like the long straight light string which is meant for the long side of the house. And amazingly that one is only 1 LI. Furthermore I noticed that if you link that to a simple convex hull prim it's still 1 LI. After searching I found some lonely convex hull prims floating about.

So I hang two copies of the long straight light strings on the house - one on the edge of the roof and one on the balcony add-on. I linked each light string to one convex hull prim (which I have used as picture frames). So in the end I was able to add two string lights without using any additional LI for them. Pretty cool, huh? Add lights and don't use any LI.😃 😎

2019-11-26_Winchester-winter-lights.thumb.jpg.0501d2adeada41d59c038082b86c30bb.jpg

I have just unpacked the individual string lights that was a Premium gift and... Thank you for the free gifts, LL, but I think they stay in my inventory. It is stubs, not strings, and the Li is high.

Good to remind myself that I don't miss much when I forget to pick up Premium gifts.

I am going to rez all the linksets for boats and houses, to see if I can unlink some other useful parts that's not so high Li.

• Like 3

Well, I jumped on my scooter tonight and took a spin through a number of neighborhoods.. Less than 5% of the homes have already begun the decorating process outside. The worst case I've seen is two obnoxious homes right across from one another...one with a snow particle emitter and the other with some kind of fog emitter (both with lots of other decorations). Needless to say its rather laggy around there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
On 11/25/2019 at 7:29 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Patch Linden - You need a way to blast a notice out to all Bellisseria Home holders, to let folks know about things like updated Covenant and updated Content pack.  I was talking to someone inworld that doesn't visit the forums.  They knew nothing about the covenant change for the seasonal decorating or that there was a content pack update.  Based on some of the winter decorating that I'm seeing, I'm guessing that quite a few don't know about the covenant change -- I'm assuming that reason versus them just plain ignoring it.

Working on it!  😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Any lower LI suggestions for string lights?

Look at this post and the posts after it @s2Pandorashowed some great lights, I went and bought them. Both I and her have also experimented with them in white tinting (editing).

So are they 3D lights with bulbs like the gift lights in the LH content pack? No. But they are great to use if you want lots of light, due to that they come in long strings also. 5, 10, 15 and 20 m. If you start on the post I linked to above and go down to my post, you see I gone in for lots of lights.

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

Also...with  those two houses across from one another, the one that apparently had the fog emitter (never fully rezed for me) actually had four or five copies of it on their land.  No wonder that nets were laggy there!

I'd probably AR that one as consuming too much of a region's resources - and might be overkill for allowable seasonal decorating also.

• Like 1

My house Linden just keeps trying to connect to the server and not send me the updated package.
What should I do?

Mensage: [13:47] LH - Traditional - HouseController 5.96: You chose: LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack
[13:47] LH - Traditional - HouseController 5.96: One moment, please, while I ask the remote server to deliver a LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack to you.

58 minutes ago, TerezaBaptista said:

My house Linden just keeps trying to connect to the server and not send me the updated package.
What should I do?

Mensage: [13:47] LH - Traditional - HouseController 5.96: You chose: LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack
[13:47] LH - Traditional - HouseController 5.96: One moment, please, while I ask the remote server to deliver a LH - Traditional Content Creation Pack to you.

Try clicking on the mailbox and holding for three seconds. That might help.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, Trinity1776 said:

Any lower LI suggestions for string lights?

I have some that are three land per string but they are "artily" curvy on pegs.  I just stuck them up in the middle of my shop.  Mod for color and glow and amount of light given etc.  You CANNOT take the pegs off  so most likely best on straight places like add-ons.   Good LODs on the lights but the light switch on that version really needs to go INSIDE the house, so some editing skills would be needed. Unlikely that the switch is where you would want it :D.   

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Festive-String-Lights-Set/8141052  

Here they are on my front porch in Heathstone.

image.thumb.png.1a0fa8366265e13c4872652a3c343c08.png

And since it is NOW Thanksgiving, I will go put some out for myself. I am NOT an "early decorator" :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TerezaBaptista said:

What should I do?

Yeah ... I'll have to open a ticket. My front neighbor has the Winter lights and I don't even get my updated package. 🤨

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.