πŸŽ„ Seasonal Content and Decoration Guidelines πŸŽƒ

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks Patch for allowing residents in Bellisseria to decorate for holiday's.Β  I really hope this doesn't turn into a whole big controversy.Β  If you find something distasteful or gaudy just tolerate it please.Β  The time frame is really minimal.Β  I'm guessing half the people in Bellisseria aren't even on the forums so posting what is and isn't tasteful isn't really going to help.Β  Let LL take care of it and if it really bothersΒ  you then file an AR.Β  There are people that don't even celebrate holiday's so whether tasteful or not they still have to tolerate it.

Β 

Happy Holiday's!Β :SwingingFriends:

Β 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I’m thankful that Christmas isn’t being rushed. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s given such short shrift, in general. πŸ’–πŸπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸπŸ‚πŸ’–

My kids only come home for one of the holidays, rotating yearly.Β  So my favorite is whichever one has them here - Thanksgiving this year.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

> And HA! Β  I don't care if it's OK to have to have a tacky snowman that throws temp-rez snowballs or turkeys at passersby.Β  I'm doing it!

Β Β  Maybe.

Maybe?Β  Β There's no maybe about it.Β  Β I know this woman!Β  Β She's my partner's sister.Β Β I double-damn guarantee there will be a tacky snowman at one of our houses (her sister is just as apt to do it as is Nika) throwing snowballs at passers-by, and the address(es) will be posted to garner MORE passers-by.Β  {sigh}Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Β 

• Remember to keep all seasonal and holiday decorations within the borders of your parcel and ensure that no content extends over the parcel lines.

Β 

might be best to add a mention about particles.Β  That they must remain within the boundaries of the parcel

as wind driven snow particles drifting onto other parcels can drive the neighbours crazy

Edited by Mollymews
drifting onto
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So, if MY winter in RL is during the typical summer of the USA, am I still permitted light snow during MY winter?

ThisΒ came immediately to mindΒ (even though I live in the northern hemisphere)Β because I relyΒ on this antipodal-friendly concern as an excuse not to "let it snow" on my parcels except inΒ the Snowlands. (In fact, though, I'm too lazy to crank up the snow machines.)

Another considerationΒ especially true ofΒ BellisseriaΒ is that, outside the Snowlands, all Governor Linden ground is going to be bare, so to look presentable it really must be a light dustingΒ of snow that blends down to bare parcel edges,Β and Bellisseria parcels are small and surrounded by that bare Linden ground. At best it would be ambiguous whether the white stuff is a hyper-local flurry or a baking mishap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, TessaPaige Jupiter said:

Saw this home while flying around Belli the other day.

WEST-IVORY-SNOW-HOUSE_005.png

Saw one wayyyyy worse than that...three big outhouses, trash everywhere, broken down cars stacked up in the driveway. I found that WAY more offensive than bright snow on the ground. But....none of my business how someone decorates their house so off I went.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Β But....none of my business how someone decorates their house so off I went.

it's a choice to let it be your business, if it's against the covennt it's reportable.
And as it often works... imagine the neighbours already reported, but the Lindens not taking action, a third report may wake them up and have a look.

• Like 1

Β I personally am not going to make my own micro-climate, just some lights and a wreath is enough for me, but for those who must have snow, [DDD] makes a very affordable snow dust ground cover that has alpha edging, easy to stretch and modify, and also includes a few drifts. Using stuff like thatΒ looks way better than a ground prim.. and a very very light gray tint on it softensΒ the jarring contrast with everything else around it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

might be best to add a mention about particles.Β  That they must remain within the boundaries of the parcel

as wind driven snow particles drifting onto other parcels can drive the neighbours crazy

Snow that does not drift, is the "Simplest snow set" from DDD. It's not a snow machine or emitter, but phantom mesh with animated snow texture. Snow particles go through buildings too, instead you can rez these meshes outside your house. Only thing you have to remember is that if you try to edit something inside the snow, you click on the snow instead. Highlight transparent and move the snow up when you need to edit things on the ground, move it down after.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Adam Spark said:

Season/holiday dates are not exactly objective either. Are we supposed to stay within 30 days of Christmas Day? 15 days after the 25th? Or 15 days after Jan. 1??

christmas is two days here :) 25+ 26th .. so can we start Nov 25th orΒ  26th?
Januari 1 st is a bit confusing... for the RC Traditionals it's Circumsision of Christ celebrated that day, for theΒ  RC Vat 2 followers (most of the world) Mary Mother of the Lord.

however

liturgical Christmas ends with Epifany, Jan 6th .. :SwingingFriends:
if you ask me...
ehm no don't :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

33 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Januari 1 st is a bit confusing... for the RC Traditionals it's Circumsision of Christ celebrated that day, for theΒ  RC Vat 2 followers (most of the world) Mary Mother of the Lord.

however

if you ask me...

Around where I live, Christmas decorations typically go up on people's houses right after Thanksgiving -- though the stores put stuff out before Halloween these days.Β  There are a few folks that put their Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving, but it is rare.

Again, where I live, it is considered tacky to still have your Christmas decorations up past the first weekend after the new year -- but they do typically stay up until the new year.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

however

if you ask me...

30 days before makes it Nov 25th.Β  No need to wait until after Thanksgiving (the 28th) unless you just really want to.Β  Edited to add that technically Christmas Eve should count which could make it Nov 24th.Β  lol

Edited by Nikki Mathieson

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Around where I live, Christmas decorations typically go up on people's houses right after Thanksgiving -- though the stores put stuff out before Halloween these days.Β  There are a few folks that put their Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving, but it is rare.

Again, where I live, it is considered tacky to still have your Christmas decorations up past the first weekend after the new year -- but they do typically stay up until the new year.

In the Netherlands originally we didn't decorate before dec 5 th, when we celebrate St Nicolas Γ‘nd the gifts, originally not with christmas, ( thΓ© original Santa, later merged with the christmas guy) and take the decor away after Newyear. These days we see some more shifting to Chistmas but St Nicolas still has a big camp of followers.
Thanksgiving is something we don't celebrate, it's only a religious thing here.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.