Same Shape different people.

Nickolas Somerset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So im trying to use the same shape as a friend of mine, and for some reason with the exact same measurements, same brows same skin and all, we look totally different in the face, the facial features are WAY off, mine is much more blocky with a bigger chin, and hers is smaller and thinner, im really not sure what the heck is causing this.

A friend of mine told me a rumor about when you start an account male or female you start with a 'preset' of this is how your gonna look, and nomatter how much you adjust your stuck with the DEFAULT.  Has anyone else had this issue or know a fix for using the same shape as others but looking really different in the face?

Heads-n-Shapes.thumb.jpg.d38b1be575ea8a687536ba9c370c93aa.jpg

Shapes for heads are not really interchangeable. This image shows the classic head shape used on a mesh head and the mesh head shape used on a classic head.

PS: IF you Two are using the same head, you can't be using the same shape... or vice-versa...

Edited by Nalates Urriah

17 minutes ago, Nickolas Somerset said:

So im trying to use the same shape as a friend of mine, and for some reason with the exact same measurements, same brows same skin and all, we look totally different in the face, the facial features are WAY off, mine is much more blocky with a bigger chin, and hers is smaller and thinner, im really not sure what the heck is causing this.

A friend of mine told me a rumor about when you start an account male or female you start with a 'preset' of this is how your gonna look, and nomatter how much you adjust your stuck with the DEFAULT.  Has anyone else had this issue or know a fix for using the same shape as others but looking really different in the face?

You THINK you are  using the same skin, shape, and head. If you were they would be identical. But, your welcome to ignore that information and continue to scratch your head.

The starter avatars include some avatars that you cannot change. The unchangeable ones are old ones but not the oldest... They are mesh just not fitted mesh... meaning they are not rigged to the newer bones added to accommodate "FITTED" mesh that changes with the shape sliders. You have to try them to see which is which.

So, the rumor is partially true. 

Go in to appearance mode and check the numbers on your shape between the two of you. Make sure they match and are exactly the same. If the skin is matching and you have the same head then you need to check the numbers because the shape would be the only place you really can tweak those modifications at. I've recreated many no transfer shapes from scratch merely just by using the numbers. Start there because that is really to me where it sounds like your problem is at. Also not being funny or anything, but make sure you both have all the same attachments on until you have matched the shape. Personally I'd stand there booty naked until I got the the thing right. If it don't look right at first relog and then check again to make sure your not deformed. Good luck mate. ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickolas Somerset said:

yep! velk you are right i messed up, a pair of rings i was wearing actually had a deformer that moved the arms, and it was somehow also changing head shape just slightly, at least im not totally crazy xD thanks for the help! 

Anytime mate. Glad it you got it all sorted out. I've done that myself before too so I had a feeling something might be messing with ya if it wasn't the numbers. lol 😃

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.