Does anybody use Clo for SL clothes design?

G3orginaRos3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m pretty sure someone is using it. You probably aren’t going to find anyone on this forum using it.

The main difference between Clo 3D and MD seems to be Clo is for actual fashion designers and the pipeline is geared more towards producing real items. Maybe the actual cloth simulator is better in Clo?
Not 100% on that, because I hear MD 9 is amazeballs. MD is geared more towards making 3D asset clothing, so they’ve added features for that like remesh and quadrangluate to MD over the years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is using it though.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, janetosilio said:

I’m pretty sure someone is using it. You probably aren’t going to find anyone on this forum using it.

The main difference between Clo 3D and MD seems to be Clo is for actual fashion designers and the pipeline is geared more towards producing real items. Maybe the actual cloth simulator is better in Clo?
Not 100% on that, because I hear MD 9 is amazeballs. MD is geared more towards making 3D asset clothing, so they’ve added features for that like remesh and quadrangluate to MD over the years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is using it though.

Thank you for your answer. Yea I’m using Clo Bc I work in the industry and more jobs require to know it nowadays but I want to make clothes for SL and since each is $50/month I’m sort of torn btwn what to use. And yea I was checking MD out and the new version seems pretty cool. *sigh*

• 1 month later...

I'd just start with blender, learn actual modelingn through ahd through and only then, I'd consider adding a design tool like MD or Clo to your workflow.

You need to learn modeling first if you want to ever hope to become a decent content creator. Otherwise it's like trying to be a seamstress and using a hot glue gun on your beautiful and delicate fabrics.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.