What do you consider appropriate pay in SL?

Briahhna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. I am in the budget part of my planning phase for a Sim. I want to pay a *decent* salary. Everyone has an idea what they would pay, or would like to receive. I wish to hear those opinions so I can narrow down a good decent pay for a decent job. The following are areas that I am interested in:

CEO of Sim

4 to 8 district managers

4 to 8 assistant managers

2. What hours would go with the salaries you are suggesting?

3. Should pay be daily, weekly or monthly?

All replies are appreciated but, please, be realistic with the salary amounts. No I am not hiring at this point in time. I am just seeking information so that I have all my ducks in a row when I get to that stage.

41 minutes ago, Briahhna said:

All replies are appreciated but, please, be realistic with the salary amounts. No I am not hiring at this point in time. I am just seeking information so that I have all my ducks in a row when I get to that stage.

Not easy to be realistic, as everyone has a different POV. And we dont know yet, what your sim is about, and why you need that much staff.
If i would be a manager/host/assistant in a club, i think i would be OK with the usual amount of money whats paid in other clubs. I dont know for sure how it it is, but its likely a few bucks each hour, plus tips.
If someone would need my skills in building mesh items (what i dont have) i would ask for 5.000-10.000 LD each hour, what comes close to a RL salary.

2 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Not easy to be realistic, as everyone has a different POV. And we dont know yet, what your sim is about, and why you need that much staff.
If i would be a manager/host/assistant in a club, i think i would be OK with the usual amount of money whats paid in other clubs. I dont know for sure how it it is, but its likely a few bucks each hour, plus tips.
If someone would need my skills in building mesh items (what i dont have) i would ask for 5.000-10.000 LD each hour, what comes close to a RL salary.

Thank you for the reply. I do appreciate it.

1. I’m assuming this is only ONE region, so if it is not, this may not be applicable. 

However, what are you doing that requires that much staff? Will your income support the pay of that many people?

For example - I have worked in management in a few multi-region (20-30) RP communities over the years, and even with those large amounts, the management staff was less than 10 people. More than that was unnecessary. I have friends who work very close to some popular designers who are CONSTANTLY busy, and their staff numbers less than 5. 

2. Again, this depends on what jobs they’ll be going - what is involved and what is necessary. 

3. This also depends on what job they are fulfilling. I will say, though, that monthly pay (and sometimes weekly), takes a LOT of trust from both you as the employer, and the employee. Unless you have a standing long term relationship with somebody, you’ll be hard-pressed to find somebody who will automatically trust you  to pay them monthly and/or be trustworthy enough not to take the cash and run. This isn’t to say that you couldn’t hire as a daily or weekly pay and then work your way up, but again, that’s establishing a relationship. 

Best wishes. 

I haven't worked in SL for a while not counting my professional boxing career on here because I am a gentleman of leisure on here now days. lol 😁 So the prices may be different now days, but depending on the job. I personally don't get out of bed for no less then $5,000 a week on up depending on the type of job it is and the amount of time I am required to commit which is going by the work I've done on here which ranges from running a club promotion company back in the day on my original avatar to managing clubs and helping start them up to managing entire sims. That's just to name a few things I've done on here.

Even worked as a Doctor on here for a good while delivering prim babies in to the new virtual world of crazy peoples that play on SL and my best patient was a dude who had something like 20 wives. He must have been rich because packages for that type of RP is not exactly cheap on here. Lmao!!!!🤣

That's just fresh out the starting gate now because in my opinion committing time on here for a SL job takes a way from other projects you could be committed to that pay on the RL side of the house. For me personally it's about compensation. When it comes to business I am all about business.

You want to make sure you have all your bases covered. Your at the information gathering stage so that means you got a good head on your shoulders. Not like some of these idiots who jump head first in to setting something up and then gets mad when it fails.

You need to set a limit you don't break of exactly what you will and will not go over a month in to your business and make that stick. You get a guy like me it might cost you, but at the end of the day you will see where all that money went. Not trying to sales pitch you mate. I just went all business mode for a moment and was just giving you an example. I reread that and was like I sound like I am applying for a job or a contract here. lol 🤣

So my advice is you want to find employees if your looking to not spend a lot in terms of salary who have more of an attitude I just play SL for fun, but would like to earn a little extra cash while I am here so I can go gacha shopping type people. Those are the best ones. You can pay them crap and they will be happy as long as they got that brand new shiny that just came out mate. lol :D

Now rereading your post here. Hiring 4 to 8 managers is a bit excessive. We need to narrow that way entirely down if your only talking one sim. You only need one manager. Not a district manger unless your operating several residential sims. You only need one manager and one, maybe two assistant managers. A residential sim will run itself mate. Once your set up and once every thing is in to play the only job they should have is dealing with clients. Your main manager should help you run the books. You need to pick wisely when choosing this person. Give them just enough access to keep track of things, but not enough to mess you over if you get what I am saying. So vett your rental systems out because there are some out there that if I recall correctly should allow for you to do this.

I am gonna shut up now because I am pretty sure you know a lot if not all of this on what your doing and end off on the note of I would not hire that many people if your planning to run only one residential sim mate. If I am way off base and it's something other then a residential sim then I am sorry about that mate. Should probably elaborate more on your business. That might give everybody a better idea on how to best advise you. Good luck mate. ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for the replies. They help a lot. Especially the number of employees. I think I was thinking more real life than sl. I am new at the SIM business. I will have to rethink things quite a bit. Again, thank you. I do appreciate the replies.

• Like 1

you only need more then 5 people if you end up with staff that is from USA and have none from europe or asia. Also i would work but the lowest it would to get me out of bed and work for someone would be a minim of 250 Lindens so that i could afford at least a hair style or a weeks land parcel somewhere in-world. Best i ever gotten in SL was 1 000 lindens - 2000 for a few custom one time jobs. I was going to post earlier but was not sure if it gives me a good or bad reputation.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.