Lag in Bellisseria *Advice*

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

about Phantom vs Physics Shape = None

Phantom objects still have a physics shape. We we collide with a phantom object then the server checks if the physics shape is phantom, when so then it doesn't block our movement

with Physics Shape = None then the server doesn't create a physics shape for the linked prims, so less server memory consumed and no physics checking for linked prims collision

with a linkset then the root prim/object does have to a physics shape

we can see this with menu: Develop \ Render Metadata \ Physics Shapes

what I do with wall hangings, plants, etc is:

pick the prim/object with the most regular shape (smallest profile) for the root prim. Set this to Phantom. Then link the others. Then set the linkset to Physics Shape = None

the result is the smallest physics profile on the server

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't believe it when my basic FPS hovered around and over 20 in a Belli beach home!

The culprit was the (mostly) water adjacent region which was not rezzing textures or objects.  The reduced lag was a good tradeoff for scenery. It would be great to have control over this "feature."

Other than reducing draw distance, is a way to "turn off" a neighboring region?  

On 11/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I don't experience lag at all in Bellisseria... But maybe it's because I have a high-end computer and a speedy internet connection. 🤷‍♀️
Keeping the draw distance low is a good advice, tho. I usually have mine set around 120, LOD is at 2 - You really don't need to set it higher. 

Unfortunately SL's current engine is simply antiquated. I have 1 system that is a 8 core I9 with a new RTX 3090 and another that is a 12 core I9 X. 

SL is CPU extensive but sadly its also using opengl that is too old even with the opengl vexttor on. High settings with advanced lightening n it runs 90 fps. The moment you add shadows and draw over 200 it is hit hard due to the old code. 

• Like 1

limiting excessive scripts helps alot. All was fine for me an neighbors ridign aroudn on horses until this neighbor logged on with a friend and popped out a parcel max full of Kraty battle pets. 

The script time on them are rediculous, 1 is equal to 3-4 horses animesh ones. HE has out 12 or more and we suddenly lagged so bad we couldn't move a single object or change clothes. its a NO!

11 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

limiting excessive scripts helps alot. All was fine for me an neighbors ridign aroudn on horses until this neighbor logged on with a friend and popped out a parcel max full of Kraty battle pets. 

The script time on them are rediculous, 1 is equal to 3-4 horses animesh ones. HE has out 12 or more and we suddenly lagged so bad we couldn't move a single object or change clothes. its a NO!

I do hope you ARd them.  Some folks say it isn't worth the bother or don't want to be "that person", but LL can only make Bellisseria a good environment with the help of everyone following the rules.  That definitely counts as over-using the resources.

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do hope you ARd them.  Some folks say it isn't worth the bother or don't want to be "that person", but LL can only make Bellisseria a good environment with the help of everyone following the rules.  That definitely counts as over-using the resources.

I was asked by other to look at it and AR it . IT seems the building for these pets is massive i nscript CPU time. 1 is equal to 4 of my horses. There are 6 building thingies and 6 pets out. 

I try to limit scripts. We build the buddha center in a new location but not much is scripted other then sits and the gatherign food table but its well scripted and low.

We did the horse ranch so people can mount and ride the animesh water horses out onto all the sims (public accessed version) with Help we made a rezzer to tep rez the mountable ones so if they are not mounted i n1 minute they disappear. Then 2 out in stall people can work with or use the pose animations with. I check my scripts with a script coutner and its way low to keep optimized, sometimes I take out animations in the seats leaving basic ones for people. 

Edited by anthonytorino
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.