Jump to content

Rezzing Homes like campers


Sam1 Bellisserian
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that you could choose any of the camper options to have.  I assume all the houses use 1024 of land.  Why would it be that hard to have the houses and houseboats do the same thing.  That way LL could release either house, houseboats or campers and residents won't have to worry about what house they are getting because they can change it to whichever one they want.  All they would have to do is choose the option of what they want.  Even if some houses only had 512 they could just put those houses in.  

I  did just get a camper which I'm very happy with but that was what made me think of this.

I have no idea if this is how it works already or if it has been discussed.  There might be an obvious reason why this wouldn't work *have worked*.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually the Traditional Houses and the Houseboats are on 1024 parcel sizes and campers are on 512.  Selection of the type (Within the selection of the particular class you are in (Traditional, Houseboat, Camper) can be made and changed again and again at anytime you inhabit the property.  As far as people abandoning properties and then grabbing up others, well, location, location, location as any realtor would tell you. :)   Actually I think one problem is that people have their own Alternates and they go get multiple parcels (primary and whatever alternates they have).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KateaSL said:

Why are people abandoning their house?  I thought it was to get the they wanted.  Is it for location only?

People have a wide variety of reasons they abandon a property.  Location is definately one them.  There is also the landscaping inside and outside the parcel and how it works with how you want to landscape yourself.   Another factor is how many houses you are surrounded by along with whether you have a corner plot or not.  Some like to be boxed in with their house and yard and others like it wide open.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KateaSL said:

LL could release either house, houseboats or campers and residents won't have to worry about what house they are getting because they can change it to whichever one they want.  All they would have to do is choose the option of what they want.

LDPW hasn't just provided empty parcels to drop houses on.  They have created landscapes and neighborhoods. Traditional houses would look out of place among camping trailers in the wooded hills of Placid, and a camping trailer would be really odd in one of the houseboat slips.  It makes great sense to be able to swap one style of trailer for another on the same parcel, but it would ruin the local community feel of Bellisseria to jumble all the themes together randomly.

2 hours ago, KateaSL said:

Why are people abandoning their house?  I thought it was to get the they wanted.

We are in the expansion phase of Bellisseria.  LDPW is releasing new regions at the rate of one or two a day now, and releasing an entirely new theme every few months. Every time there's something new, there's a rush of people to explore. People's ideas of a "perfect" home change rapidly. Just watch all of the speculation that's going on daily in the SSP thread here in this forum. Look at all the photos that people are posting to show off their decorating skills. What will the next region look like?  Will the next house theme be even more exciting than the ones we already have?  This is a land rush that beats anything in SL for a decade. 

It's all the more exciting because of the competition. Demand is much greater than supply, and is likely to be for some time.  When a home becomes available, it's on the market for minutes at most, so people don't have the luxury of time to decide whether to accept an offered home or not.  Grab a house while you can, and then abandon it and elbow your way through the crowd to get a "better" one tomorrow.

 

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

LDPW hasn't just provided empty parcels to drop houses on.  They have created landscapes and neighborhoods. Traditional houses would look out of place among camping trailers in the wooded hills of Placid, and a camping trailer would be really odd in one of the houseboat slips.  It makes great sense to be able to swap one style of trailer for another on the same parcel, but it would ruin the local community feel of Bellisseria to jumble all the themes together randomly.

No, I didn't mean that. I didn't realize all the different houses were available.  I know that houses stay with houses, etc. Someone said they already do that so there that. :)

51 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

We are in the expansion phase of Bellisseria.  LDPW is releasing new regions at the rate of one or two a day now, and releasing an entirely new theme every few months. Every time there's something new, there's a rush of people to explore. People's ideas of a "perfect" home change rapidly. Just watch all of the speculation that's going on daily in the SSP thread here in this forum. Look at all the photos that people are posting to show off their decorating skills. What will the next region look like?  Will the next house theme be even more exciting than the ones we already have?  This is a land rush that beats anything in SL for a decade. 

It's all the more exciting because of the competition. Demand is much greater than supply, and is likely to be for some time.  When a home becomes available, it's on the market for minutes at most, so people don't have the luxury of time to decide whether to accept an offered home or not.  Grab a house while you can, and then abandon it and elbow your way through the crowd to get a "better" one tomorrow.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some have been in Belli since it's release. Then they are looking around and see new regions developing. Maybe their house can't have a driveway because it is only a walkway to it. That can be a reason. Or they like new landscaping.

Many of us, including me, has paid premium for an alt. Some for more than one. They can be holdovers from when premuim alts was the cheapest way to have mainland free of tier.

This alt or alts, have paid for the premium benefits too. So if you have one alt, you have both a place to live in, and an alt who tries for a new home. If the alt gets what you want, you abandon your own and use the one claimed by your alt. Now you do not hold a premium house, so your main can continue on and try for a boat next time? If you then decide: I want a landlocked boat - and don't get it, you abandon and look for another.

And so it goes. The LL homes can be set to a group, so it is no problems to have you and your alt(s) in a group and you have rez rights in every place an alt gets.

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info + grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...