Catwa Jasmine Head and Maitreya Lara Body

Abigail3519

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK so here are some things to check:

• Make sure you are actually wearing the feet and that they did not get knocked off.
  • Toggle the alpha on other parts of the body, like upper legs, to make sure they turn off and on like they are supposed to.
  • Make sure you are not wearing any alpha layers.  You may have something hiding your feet with a system alpha.

2 hours ago, Abigail3519 said:

Help! I bought the Catwa Jasmine Head and when I put it on with my Maitreya Lara Body with the BoM Hud everything went nuts and now I look weird and my feet are gone. What am I doing wrong. I have tried turning off all the alphas and it doesn't help. 

Let's break things down a little bit :)

The first thing to remember is always select ADD when you wear something, and not WEAR. Your avatar has a certain number of points where things such as bodies, heads, and mesh clothing items can be attached, and sometimes using the WEAR option on one thing can make another thing detach from you. So always ADD. Also, never add an entire folder; always right-click each item individually and add each item that you need one at a time.

Normally - for a mesh body and mesh head - you would need to add the following items from their respective folders:

From the Catwa Jasmine folder -

• CATWA ALPHA Full Avatar
  • CATWA Shape Jasmine [Start your shape with me] - you can always edit your shape later, but start with this one
  • CATWA HEAD Jasmine v4.0
  • CATWA EYES RIG Jasmine v3.3
  • CATWA HUD Master F v4.0 - this is where you control all of the things like makeup, hairbase, brows, etc on your head. Once you've got things set up you can take this off
  • CATWA HUD Animations F v3.2 - this is where you control the animations on your head. Once you've got things set up you can take this off

From the Maitreya Lara folder -

• Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V4.1
  • Maitreya Mesh Body - Feet V4.1
  • Maitreya Mesh Body - Bento Hand L V4.1
  • Maitreya Mesh Body - Bento Hand R V4.1
  • Maitreya Mesh Body - HUD V4.1- Once you've got things set up you can take this off

BOM (Bakes on Mesh) is a new feature in Second Life that allows the 'painted on' textures on your system avatar (the one you have underneath your Maitreya body and Catwa head) to appear on your mesh body and head. To do this both of those particular items need a BOM relay. There is one for Maitreya (which you clearly have) and one for Catwa (which you can get for free in the gift room at the Catwa store, just inside the female heads section in the room to your left as you go in).

Before you use BOM you will need to remove the CATWA ALPHA Full Avatar, otherwise your entire avatar will look bright red.

The BOM HUDs for both Maitreya and Catwa are technically skin applier HUDs. They apply the special BOM 'bake' textures to your head and body. Like any skin applier, you add them and they will appear on your screen. You then click them to apply the BOM 'bake' textures to your skin. Since you're using a BOM viewer, you won't see those special textures, but instead your underlying system skin will now appear on your Catwa head and Maitreya body.

If you've used BOM and want to stop using it, all you need to do is put back on your CATWA ALPHA Full Avatar, and re-apply your original skin appliers for both the head and body (and possibly the eyes; look in the Jasmine head folder for an item called CATWA HUD Eyes v4.0, then add it and click the eye texture that you want to wear). Those skin appliers will replace the BOM 'bake' skin textures and you'll be back to how you were.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.