Maya Animation Problems

Kira Zobel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Kira Zobel said:

I'm animating some ears in Maya 2019.

Unless it's for rendering, your current setup won't let you export any animation that would work for SL. Anyway... 

I'm using 2019 as well, but I'm not having any of these issues. However, someone else I know is having a similar set of issues on this version, but so far I couldn't reproduce any of them. The only difference is in the OS, this person is on Mac. There might be some settings in the manipulators settings that cause this behavior, but the other person in question is having trouble with running the built in animations in MayaStar, so I'm even more puzzled now as to what it could be. 

• Like 1

Ah, you're right. It's been so long since I've animated anything (10+ years) that I didn't realize what I was doing wrong.

However, I purchased Mayastar today and I'm having a hell of a time getting anything to upload, even without modifications.  (Maya 2019)

The videos aren't helping.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:50 AM, Kira Zobel said:

However, I purchased Mayastar today and I'm having a hell of a time getting anything to upload, even without modifications.  (Maya 2019)

Go to mayastar menu, myanimate LT and click on generate animation skeleton, choose yes if you have a fitted mesh avatar in the scene, then anim when asked to choose animation format and finally the rig type, HIK or no rig. After these steps you're ready to animate. This is Not the same as going to the animation section of the avatar menu and choosing an animation template. Those are for bvh exports and only on default avatars. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.