Beta not functional?

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Character fails to rez and stays stuck as cloud, can't attach/detach anything, and can't even take/delete items (though oddly enough can rez/create items on ground). Already cleared cache to no avail. Beta completely broken atm or something? But I don't see anything in status tracker about it?

I don't see any of these problems, assuming that "Beta" means the Aditi grid. There might be fewer regions than are usually available, not sure; I did all this in the Morris sandbox.

These particular problems sound network-related, although I'd expect that to be the same on Aditi and Agni.

• Lindens

Actually this is sort of interesting, we are in the process of making some changes to how we handle inventory backend hosts that could be related to this. It should be mostly transparent to Residents, but if you do see issues like this, we definitely want to hear about them. If you could file a BUG jira at jira.secondlife.com and include the region name, environment information from Help->About Second Life, the time you experienced the issue, and the details of what you tried and what happened I would greatly appreciate it!

• Thanks 2

Getting exactly the same as the OP here, in Wanderton, over the last hour. Came here to see if anyone had said anything. I got one message about inventory fault. I'm in the UK but even tried a VPN exit in the USA. No difference.

That's when I *do* get in with the infamous:

We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on.  You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

...which happens about nine times out of ten so far! If I get chance I'll file that bug report but I'm just trying to get some work done right now... (finally got into Verenda which seems OK)

Note that I have no network or other issues that I am aware of, everything works fine on Agni.

Edited by Rick Daylight

1 hour ago, Rick Daylight said:

Came here to see if anyone had said anything.

Yes, the post immediately before yours said file a BUG Jira: 

10 hours ago, Mazidox Linden said:

Actually this is sort of interesting, we are in the process of making some changes to how we handle inventory backend hosts that could be related to this. It should be mostly transparent to Residents, but if you do see issues like this, we definitely want to hear about them. If you could file a BUG jira at jira.secondlife.com and include the region name, environment information from Help->About Second Life, the time you experienced the issue, and the details of what you tried and what happened I would greatly appreciate it!

>> Yes, the post immediately before yours said file a BUG Jira: 

Oddly, I had noticed that. Hence me saying:

>> If I get chance I'll file that bug report

Followed by:

>> but I'm just trying to get some work done right now

Despite not immediately dropping my work to assist someone else's, I thought it might be relevent to note in the thread for those interested that the OP isn't the only one experiencing these exact issues, and where and when.

At least my post in question added something relevant to the issue, unlike the two which followed.

😛

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.