!SHOUTY BRANDING!

Mollymews

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Facebook are rebranding to FACEBOOK

their people need to come on SL and learn from years of residents online branding expertise on how to do shouty properly. Like from my inventory some product branding forms:

~~~!! FACEBOOK !!~~~
^FACEBOOK^
[FACEBOOK]
** FACEBOOK **
:::FACEBOOK:::
[[FACEBOOK]]
-{FACEBOOK}-
:!FACEBOOK!:

and my fav

_-! FFAACCEEBBOOOOKK !-_

😺

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$________$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

(Coming soon to a SL club near you.)

• Haha 5

I wish there were an editing facility in SL that would allow me to strip off all the shoutiness from inventory items, so they can sit where they really belong, in alphabetical order.  I can do it manually but it takes so much time, and how satisfying it would be to just press one button. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I wish there were an editing facility in SL that would allow me to strip off all the shoutiness from inventory items, so they can sit where they really belong, in alphabetical order.  I can do it manually but it takes so much time, and how satisfying it would be to just press one button. :) 

You can't even do it manually, for No Mod items.  I take such recalcitrant objects and toss them into a sub-folder, then I name it whatever I want.  Revenge is time-consuming, but mine!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 11/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mollymews said:

Facebook are rebranding to FACEBOOK

their people need to come on SL and learn from years of residents online branding expertise on how to do shouty properly. Like from my inventory some product branding forms:

~~~!! FACEBOOK !!~~~
^FACEBOOK^
[FACEBOOK]
** FACEBOOK **
:::FACEBOOK:::
[[FACEBOOK]]
-{FACEBOOK}-
:!FACEBOOK!:

and my fav

_-! FFAACCEEBBOOOOKK !-_

😺

Wouldn't it be more like "~~~!! FACEBOOK !!~~~ [[Zero Privacy]" (?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Facebook is terrible but I think Apple, Google and Amazon are doing a doing a better job at privacy invasion. 

They're all like that. And don't get me started on the "smart" stuff people buy.

Some are shocked when I tell them I'm one of 9 people on the planet not on FB.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

They're all like that. And don't get me started on the "smart" stuff people buy.

Some are shocked when I tell them I'm one of 9 people on the planet not on FB.

I'm number 8. Created an account, looked around for a day, deactivated the account. and that was for my SL Avatar, never created one for my real self, ever and never will. Google is a close second in terms of spy craft. DuckDuckGo.com is your friend.

• Like 1

I don't have Facebook either, because I actually read their TOS and thought "Nope. Not having that."

Google is an unfortunate necessity because I need a phone and I'd sooner drop ten pound notes down the drain than buy an Apple phone, so I'm kind of stuck with Android. On the plus side, my Gmail account is really good at shutting out spam, so that's the one I hand out to all-and-sundry if I need to provide an email address to someone I don't trust. 

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

I don't have Facebook either, because I actually read their TOS and thought "Nope. Not having that."

Google is an unfortunate necessity because I need a phone and I'd sooner drop ten pound notes down the drain than buy an Apple phone, so I'm kind of stuck with Android. On the plus side, my Gmail account is really good at shutting out spam, so that's the one I hand out to all-and-sundry if I need to provide an email address to someone I don't trust. 

Don't blame you. We own a RL tavern and many ask where's the bar's FB page --- there is none!  As for a phone, we have an old school flip phone that sits in glove box in case help is needed. Just have to remember to charge the thing up!

We may set up a MeWe.com page for it though. They're a smaller social net, but have a lot better privacy policy then the big marketing machine called FB!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.