Are there actual fads in SL?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yeah. I usually have my sounds on because 95% of the time I'm exploring and taking photographs and some sims have amazing acoustical features, or I'm at a music club. So I just hop into a shopping area all exposed to the sounds. :) 

Some people use bumpers that scream that are super annoying too!

• Like 1

My main fad that died was Amaretto horses. At one point I had more than 60 of them as breeding stock and I would go to all the auctions, both buying and selling. It was fun until I worked out exactly how much money I was wasting on them. I still have my favourite horse as a Forever Pet rezzed out on my land, I no longer have to pay to feed it, but it's always a pleasant reminder of happy times.

One of my favourite moments though, was when Amaretto brought out the K9s (dogs) and I was an early adopter of those. I bred one of the first 4-trait pugs (very rare at the time) and I sold it for L$25k. It still boggles me that someone would pay so much for a pixel toy. 

I don't even like pugs.

On 11/13/2019 at 2:08 AM, Amina Sopwith said:

It's not for everyone, but if you meet someone with a vivid imagination and good writing skills, it can be very absorbing to co-author some erotica with yourself as one of the characters and a little visual aid. You might wait until it's over before using your hands for something else, or pause it; people figure out what works for them.

Sorry, but you did ask.

some times there is an ebb and flow to it especially if you connect with someone

• Like 1

Not sure it's a fad, but I've noticed since returning to SL that many users (more often women) have a link to their wishlists in their profiles with text similar to "Buy me gifts" "Be nice to me" "Buy me something", etc. Really don't like it. It's just a form of begging to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think we should all make a wish list and make Santa alts and send each other things anonymously. 

This I'd love to per-take in!!  Though please no insanely high budgets, be nice if we could find something for say like 1L$ to 50L$ I think :) but that just my thoughts.

If we were going to do something like this I'd rather see people make their wish list as big or small as they wanted. I don't really do Christmas in the real world, and I spend (too) much on myself in SL to have a great big wish list, but I'd love the chance to get hold of someone's else's list that isn't able to afford much but has some wonderfully extravagant things on their list that they'd love to have but would never buy for themselves. 

Would be nice, I suppose, though, that if people did make wish lists it have a wide variety in price so most everyone could afford something and participate. Or not feel about about having a list, and receiving things, even if they aren't able to buy gifts for anyone else at all. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It is definitely the hair of choice for really effective flouncing.

I speak with some authority on this, being an expert flouncer.

It’s not even just the flounce.

Flexi allows for a lot of black women’s hairstyles that just aren’t possible with mesh.

The flounce is a nice bonus!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.