Please Fix My Neck

Pachience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope I'm not placing this in the wrong area if so, I apologize in advance. I'm updating my avatar. I have Maitreya Mesh Body along with Catwa Catya Mesh Head. The skin I've chosen is ItGirl's Queen Mesh Body appliers and ItGirl's Lore Head for Catwa, both in Cocoa. The viewer is Firestorm version: 6.3.2.58052. I have no shine on for the head and body. The neck size for Catwa and Maitreya is set on zero.  The neck size in appearance is set on 50 and when I adjust that, the entire neck resize including the discoloration. I'm having a hard time looking for information concerning a fix for ItGirl, if that's a thing. I have another avatar with skin from a different vendor and have never experienced this issue. What could I be missing? What am I doing incorrectly? I've provided photos of the neck and my environment settings. 

enviro.png

neck color.png

ITGirls for sure changed skin colors time ago - maybe try unpack "ItGirls - Queen Body Applier x Maitreya OLDER TONES" skins from received folder. I had this problem, and was about to write angry letter before I found older skins that matched perfect:D 

skin_new.thumb.jpg.273a63c3eef29e0699c93c71c738dc3c.jpgSkin_older.thumb.jpg.8a77673b96b629f29b06e5c9cc1ae7b1.jpg

First one is newest tone "Summer", next is tone "Summer" after unpacked from included "ItGirls - Queen Body Applier x Maitreya OLDER TONES"

(Bad fit neck, and poor light is all me :) )

Edited by LaraCremona
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a few of the skin creators that I have skins from changed tones a few times over the years.  Some gave them totally new names when they changed, but some didn't -- i.e. I have a 2015 T4 from a store that is quite a bit darker than the more recent 2018 T4.  It is definitely more confusing when they didn't completely rename things.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I would look at the head being accidentally tinted, since it is the darker tone.

The only other thing I can think of is that skin creator adjusted their tones at some point, so they may have the same name but don't quite match anymore :( 

Will double check the head being tinted, I may have over looked that.

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I would look at the head being accidentally tinted, since it is the darker tone.

The only other thing I can think of is that skin creator adjusted their tones at some point, so they may have the same name but don't quite match anymore :( 

I will double check the head being tinted. I can't remember if I tried that.  I don't reach a solution I will contact the creator.

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Quite a few of the skin creators that I have skins from changed tones a few times over the years.  Some gave them totally new names when they changed, but some didn't -- i.e. I have a 2015 T4 from a store that is quite a bit darker than the more recent 2018 T4.  It is definitely more confusing when they didn't completely rename things.

The most annoying thing is when a company throws away an old skin for their head, yet keeps it in their body Applier HUD. So now new skins from this specific company, have 3 or 4 skins that have no matching head skins. Really drives me bonkers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pachience said:

I don't reach a solution I will contact the creator.

newold.thumb.jpg.f7e239717ccd9461caf53316f412873d.jpg

I have another Itgirls skin that do not have this issue, but it seems like there's like a shadow baked in neck of the older skintones as showed here... (New skintone to the left, old to the right - demo of Lore in cocoa on Catwa Catya head). Look at how the top of the older body skin (easier to see where head stops and body begins with the demo head skin) get gradually a bit darker on last bit towards the neck joint whereas the new skin stays same hue all the way...

newold2.thumb.jpg.72906f55eb90810804a884fd3942f6fb.jpg

Since the Lore skin is the older type, I guess you are stuck with some degree of a gradient just below the neckjoint. Perhaps this was the reason for them coming up with the new skintones...

Edited by AylarL
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.