Where to meet people with similar interests?

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question probably been asked a million times but I still haven't found a good answer. Where are some places in SL to meet like-minded people other than afk sex sims? I really don't know what the "really active" places in SL are that are actually interesting. I have a unique set of interests that include horror (e.g. silent hill) but not combat, board games (e.g. chess), alternate fashion (gothic, lolita, fetish, doll, etc. One of those people with the 100k+ inventory and spends way too much shopping and dressing up) and building/scripting. I've tried exploring countless places that are even remotely related to these interests but they're always deserted. It seems the only times I see more than 10 people around are day 1-2 of shopping events, or sex sims. Apparently I'm one of those people with an overflowing friends list but having trouble finding people who I can actually hang out with regularly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by MelodyClone1
  • Sad 1

i think that for many, we end up creating our space on  a parcel that reflects what we want and like. Then we hang out on our parcel interacting/chatting with whoever comes by. As most often people arrive at our place because they are looking for someone with the same interests as them, that someone being us

sometimes it can work out better when we stand still and let the world come to us

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Destination Guide...What's Hot Now...and then look through all the categories to see how many people are there, there are chat rooms, romance and various other categories in the Destination Guide...and then start joining Groups as Lindal said.   Click that tiny button on the left of my picture to open the Destination Guide.  As far as your exact interests, the inworld search...you can try keywords there.  

Screenshot (22).png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

Gonna be honest in that the destinations tab isn't a great resource when searching for regions. A majority of what pops under "what's hot" are dating sims, RP groups, shopping events, skill-gaming areas, and s*x sims. The other listed areas also tend to be RP focused or tailored to a hobby, like in-world boating or literature.

As others suggested, groups and SL related discords are probably your best bet in terms of finding like-minded folks.

Edited by KirinGale

On 11/4/2019 at 1:14 AM, MelodyClone1 said:

Question probably been asked a million times but I still haven't found a good answer. Where are some places in SL to meet like-minded people other than afk sex sims? I really don't know what the "really active" places in SL are that are actually interesting. I have a unique set of interests that include horror (e.g. silent hill) but not combat, board games (e.g. chess), alternate fashion (gothic, lolita, fetish, doll, etc. One of those people with the 100k+ inventory and spends way too much shopping and dressing up) and building/scripting. I've tried exploring countless places that are even remotely related to these interests but they're always deserted. It seems the only times I see more than 10 people around are day 1-2 of shopping events, or sex sims. Apparently I'm one of those people with an overflowing friends list but having trouble finding people who I can actually hang out with regularly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like we have similar interests Melody! (Horror films and goth fashions). Would be happy to hang out when we're both in-world together. Please say hi! x

On 11/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, KirinGale said:

Gonna be honest in that the destinations tab isn't a great resource when searching for regions. A majority of what pops under "what's hot" are dating sims, RP groups, shopping events, skill-gaming areas, and s*x sims. The other listed areas also tend to be RP focused or tailored to a hobby, like in-world boating or literature.

As others suggested, groups and SL related discords are probably your best bet in terms of finding like-minded folks.

Oh, I read her post wrong.  I was pretty much responding to the question below by the OP.   I thought she was looking for non-empty sims.  lol  The  thing that the DG will do is tell you how many people are there...there are chat hot spots and other things that are cool for photography.  Beats being alone sometimes.  

On 11/3/2019 at 5:14 PM, MelodyClone1 said:

I really don't know what the "really active" places in SL are that are actually interesting. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

I have come to the conclusion that finding people who share niche interests in SL is almost impossible. The userbase just isn't big enough, statistically speaking, for groups to thrive with niche interests. That's where you need places like Reddit or Facebook which number users in hundreds of millions, so even niche groups are active.

So look more broadly; for groups of your own age, active during the same hours. I have made a lot of friends just by hanging out at clubs that happened to be busy at the same time I am online. I don't think we share any common interests, except perhaps our taste in music, but that doesn't matter, it's still fun to hang out with them.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.