Group Notices NOT being emailed to me when I'm offline

Xavier Dorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to get all Group Notices sent to me via email when I'm offline.

In "Preferences > Chat" I have the box checked for "Email me IMs when I'm offline.

In the Group Profile, I have the box checked for "Receive group notices".

The problem is, I only get Group Notices emailed to me when I'm offline for SOME groups, not all. 

A few of the ones that I really want to get offline notices for, I do not get.

Can anyone explain to me why I don't get all group notices emailed to me, and how I can turn it on for groups that I'm not getting emails from when I'm offline??

Thanks...

10 answers to this question

The Preferences setting for "Email me IMs when I'm offline" refers to actual messages received as IMs, so should not automatically forward Group Notices. If you want to receive Group Notices, you have to opt in to receiving them individually, checking that box on each group's profile.  When you do that, you should receive the notices in world and should also get copies as IMs forwarded to your E-mail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The Preferences setting for "Email me IMs when I'm offline" refers to actual messages received as IMs, so should not automatically forward Group Notices. If you want to receive Group Notices, you have to opt in to receiving them individually, checking that box on each group's profile.  When you do that, you should receive the notices in world and should also get copies as IMs forwarded to your E-mail.

Thanks for replying Rolig!

I have gone into the Groups that I want to be sure and get "Group Notices" from, assuming that I would get an email if I was offline.

I've now noticed though that for SOME groups, even if I have the checkbox ticked for "Receive Group Notices", I do NOT get them - Not in-game, and not via email if I'm offline.  Is that a setting by the group itself not to send out group notices to certain members?

I'm just at a loss as to why I get group notices from some groups, but not others.  I really hope someone can explain this to me.

Thanks...

I have the same issue - and have had this for years (using various versions of the Singularity Viewer - if viewer makes a difference).

I get maybe 1/4 of notices sent to me offline, my alts get different ones but none of them get all of theirs...

I've gotten into the habit of check notices manually from time to time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I have the same issue - and have had this for years (using various versions of the Singularity Viewer - if viewer makes a difference).

I get maybe 1/4 of notices sent to me offline, my alts get different ones but none of them get all of theirs...

I've gotten into the habit of check notices manually from time to time.

Same here. In fact, when I send a group notice on my main (Arwen), I wait to see if my store alt gets it. And same in reverse - store alt sends notice, I watch to see if Arwen gets it. Sometimes the notices come through offline, sometimes they don't. At one point I thought it might be related to the sim I was sending from, so I started trying different sims, including totally deserted and perfectly functioning Linden sims. I've tried different viewers - Cool VL, LL Official, Firestorm. Same result - sometimes notices get through, sometimes they don't - I can't figure out a rhyme or reason or I would work around it. So like you, Emma, I've gotten in the habit of checking group notices manually. I do, however, get all my offline IMs and can respond to those (thank goodness). So it's only the group notices that are flaky.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I have suspected for years that some of the larger groups notices rarely get through when you are offline.  I don't seem to have any issue with groups that a small, say less than 1000, members but any large groups its pretty hit and miss

Well it appears I've asked about something that happens to others as well. Cindy, I think you're on to something there.  I've noticed I'm not getting the group notices from larger groups.  I've even gone back now and checked several of them with your thought in mind, and sure enough I do get group notices from smaller groups more routinely than large ones (rarely, if ever). 

Sounds like something I'll just have to live with.

Reason I asked in the first place is because a new group I just joined sends out a deal almost daily, but at random times.  I have not gotten one of their group notices emailed to me while I've been offline, and have missed the deal a couple times.  Was really hoping to find a way to be sure the group notice gets emailed to me while I'm offline, but the group is in the thousands, so it's probably just not getting it sent to me.

I have a notion that even in-world group notices are not working for every member of large groups even if you're online.  I'm going to start watching this more close.  Not that LL will do anything to fix it, but it should at least be mentioned somewhere, and large group owners should know that their notices might not be reaching all intended recipients.

18 minutes ago, Lainey Thorne said:

At least your getting your offlines..I can't even get those to show up and I have checked, rechecked, unchecked and rechecked and still its doesn't work  

Have you checked your e-mail system's spam filter?  If you haven't added an exception, you may be blocking messages from secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.