is llRegionSayTo echoing ?

BlueXBeta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi 

I wanted to share an observation with my script. It's a classic HUD situation with one object attached to the avatar and the other attached as hud. 

I am using llRegionSayTo to communicate between the two. 

Now during my attempts to streamline the code I noticed that my hud repeats the command it receives via llRegionSayTo exactly twice. The command is sent only once. 

Is that normal, or to be expected? 

bXb

Just now, BlueXBeta said:

It is sent to a special channel at -7xxx range

I see it only because of my llOwnerSay debug polling. 

So it wouldn't be a known behavior ? 

If you're getting the debug message twice, then there is a problem with the logic of your code. It's hard to say anything beyond that unless you want to show the script.

In normal practice, you would communicate with an attachment by directing llRegionSayTo to whoever is wearing an attachment, so

llRegionSayTo( llGetOwner(), -1234567, "HELLO" );

In this case, both of your objects are attachments, so you have scripted things so that you are talking and listening to yourself.  That's not an unusual situation, but it does open the possibility of echoing, if you have debug statements in both objects repeating what they hear.  As Wulfie says, we can't guess much beyond that without seeing the scripts themselves, but you ought to be able to narrow down which attachment is saying what, and then cut down the chatter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.