Marketplace Language Changes To Japanese Constantly

Cristiano Midnight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been having a strange problem the past few weeks with the Marketplace. When I go to the site, it will often be in Japanese instead of English. I will switch the language back and it will stay in English for a little while, but then switch back to Japanese while I'm browsing, most often at the end of buying something. The same thing is happening to a friend who is in a different state, on a different browser than I am using. I'm in the US and have no idea why the language keeps changing. I've cleared my browser cache, tried a different browser, etc.. but it keeps happening and it's driving me nuts. I'm not using a VPN or anything else that would suddenly make it think I'm in Japan, so I have no idea why the language is changing on its own, in the same session.unknown.png

Check if you made any bookmark to marketplace that has any language ( JP one in your case ) locale or/and if you visit it through link in someone's profile that has JP locale as well. Example of such link marketplace.secondlife.com/ ja-JP/*stuff* . If you do this, then it automatically changes language on the MP until you change it back manually.

6 hours ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I have been having a strange problem the past few weeks with the Marketplace. When I go to the site, it will often be in Japanese instead of English. I will switch the language back and it will stay in English for a little while, but then switch back to Japanese while I'm browsing, most often at the end of buying something. The same thing is happening to a friend who is in a different state, on a different browser than I am using. I'm in the US and have no idea why the language keeps changing. I've cleared my browser cache, tried a different browser, etc.. but it keeps happening and it's driving me nuts. I'm not using a VPN or anything else that would suddenly make it think I'm in Japan, so I have no idea why the language is changing on its own, in the same session.

If it's not a bookmark issue as @steeljane42 suggests, then perhaps delete browser cookies and if that doesn't do it, then delete browser cache.

Edited by Alyona Su

5 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Check if you made any bookmark to marketplace that has any language ( JP one in your case ) locale or/and if you visit it through link in someone's profile that has JP locale as well. Example of such link marketplace.secondlife.com/ ja-JP/*stuff* . If you do this, then it automatically changes language on the MP until you change it back manually.

I am not going to a bookmark - I just go to marketplace.secondlife.com - sometimes it will be in Japanese immediately, sometimes it will change to Japanese after I've browsed through a few items or bought something. It switches a lot of times right after the completion of a transaction.

53 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I have done both, and even tried a different browser (Chrome instead of Firefox), and it still keeps happening.

I'd submit a support ticket (and also double-check that nothing in my system is set to report Japanese as one of my languages, first).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.