Cant log in

Amada Helendale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all!

I need help please.

I cant log in SL, and I dont know why.

It stays frozen and I start listening to the birds singing and even the radio in my house, but I just didn't enter. And other times I can log but my avatar looks cloud and in two seconds everything is blocked. I have another avatar  not  premium account and everything is perfect, you can move in, use your voice, and travel and do everything. But with Amada it is impossible and I don't understand what happens because I have no message from Linden or the Viewer or anything.

I have no debts, I have not been banned from anywhere, I do not use RLV, I am builder, I have a land to manage, my avatar is mesh, God helps, I do not understand what happens.This situation is frustrating, sometimes I want to leave the Premium to see if I am free from so much complication

congelado.JPG

6 answers to this question

Don't panic yet. When you have the sort of connection problems you describe, including the cloudy bake fail, the cause is almost always in your own Internet connection. The first step -- and the easiest -- is to unplug your modem and router for a minute or two and then plug them back into the power and restart everything. That will clear out any electronic cobwebs and force your router to grab a fresh IP address. Most of the time that simple act is enough.

If you have been using a wifi connection, I suggest replacing it with a direct cable from your computer to the router.  Many people have no trouble at all with wifi, but Linden Lab neither supports nor recommends it.  There are too many ways for a wireless signal to be interrupted by nearby power sources, appliances, and even fluorescent lights.

If you still have problems, come back here and post details about your computer that may give us a better hint of what's wrong.  Even without logging in, you can click HELP in the upper left corner of your login screen and use the link to About Second Life to copy your system details into your clipboard. Then you can paste them into your post here.

Here are a couple of possibilities...

• Your inventory is large, and "flat".  A flat inventory is one that has few folders, but very many items in those folders.  Such an inventory may not be able to load before the log in process times out.  If you suspect this is the problem, file a Support Case with LL.  They are able to address a flat inventory structure.
  • Your avatar is wearing an item that has somehow become corrupted.  If you can, log in with the Lumiya viewer on an Android device, and switch to a basic default avatar, or one of the LL "starter" avatars.  You can also submit a Support Case and LL can address this.
  • A problem with your Internet connection is more likely than the two above situations.  Follow Rolig's suggestions.  Other things to try: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/
  • Something is wrong with the region where you are trying to log in.  Try logging in to a different location, preferably a low-lag one like Heckendorf, Smith, or Pooley.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.