WHERE ARE MESH HEADS IN MARKET PLACE FFS

JulaMacArthur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Don't try to learn so much at once- pick maybe one thing a week, while visiting different spots around the grid?

Different folks have different learning speeds. What takes many of us a day or so would take some a week or a month. 

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

Different folks have different learning speeds. What takes many of us a day or so would take some a week or a month. 

Well, considering how upset the OP was, I was only trying to offer an option she hadn't yet tried, as her current choices weren't getting her where she wanted.

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

As far as I am aware, most mesh head merchants like most mesh body merchants only sell via their main stores not the marketplace

Otherwise one gets frivolous DMCA claims that tie one up in knots. 

I forgot to add something

If you need help finding something, you can post in the wanted forum (link below), or reach out. Even if you don't know the specifics of what you want, or just want recommendations or ideas, you can put it there too.

If you don't want to go that route, you can reach out directly. You can usually reach me in IM here on the forums faster than inworld (IMs here and inworld go to my email, either way, but forums ones seem to moee faster than the speed of light, and inworld..eh..sometimes it'll get there when it gets there, lol), since I don't always log on every single day, but I do read the forums everyday, even when I don't post.

If it's out there, I can probably find it. I'm not a shopper, but I'm a really good searcher.

If you need other help with sl in general, reach out for that too, and I'll see if I can help. If I can't, I can probably find someone who can.

I may have ***** fashion sense and can't always really see what I'm looking at, but I'm more than willing to offer guidance when you get so frustrated you just want to throw sl, or LL, lol, out the window. (I think we all want to throw LL out the window sometimes, so, it's ok to admit that, you're among your people here, I promise).

Wanted forum:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/313-wanted/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JulaMacArthur said:

Im looking for mesh head for over a month now and i cannot find any(maybe 2-3 i didnt like) is this some sort of joke? i look EVRYWHERE and it shows eybrows, appliers, skins, lipsticks, hairs, pircings fcking EVRYTHING except mesh heads WTF?

mesh AND head NOT shape NOT Shape NOT shapes NOT Shapes NOT appliers NOT Appliers NOT hair NOT Hair NOT hairs NOT Hairs NOT lipstick NOT Lipstick NOT Fatpack NOT fatpck NOT............ AND SO ON

this stupid market place will find a way to show me EVRYTHING except the thing i look for no matter what i do

CAN SOMEONE PLESE JUST TELL ME WHERE ARE THE MESH HEADS/BODIES ON THE MARKETPLACE AND WHAT KIND OF SECRET CODE I HAVE TO TYPE IN TO FIND IT FFS

I offer a free hud that scans avatars for you to get a link to the profile of the creator of what they are wearing, among other things.  The creator's profile will have information on how to find their store almost every time. 

Additionally, for the specific item mentioned, you can type these secret code words into your favorite internet search engine: Second Life Mesh Heads Bodies.  

Doing so yielded interesting hits, including this one that is postable: 

https://secondlife.com/destinations/fashion/mesh 

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Well, considering how upset the OP was, I was only trying to offer an option she hadn't yet tried, as her current choices weren't getting her where she wanted.

Yes. I know. 🙂
I bet it’s a common experience for her.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

Looks like this thread segues into the thread about "What are the hardest things for new players."

The OP has one gripe (the marketplace) yet takes it out on something different (The Forumites). Lookit here, you asked for help and GOT it. You should be saying "thank you" instead of biting off the heads of the little birds who gave you good advice. (Which segues into the "pet peeve" thread.)

I actually have another little helpful tip, based on something the OP typed, but I do NOT have the patience of a saint and so will not include it. My BS meter is always adjusted on the low side.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

MP is OK when you get how it works.

Mesh heads are a challenge without a doubt.  I've demo'd loads and it's time consuming and frustrating to find the right head, the right shape, and then the right skin. But when you do..... :)

I have to admit that I'm still MP challenged. :)

For my first 10 years in SL I wandered around as a pale white brunette with green eyes. When mesh heads first came out, I tried and tried them, and none of them worked for me because I wanted mesh Seicher to look really close to system Seicher. I had to wait for the bento heads, which are much more mooshable. But oh yes, the loads of demos, the time, the frustration. Then I decided to do a totally different Seicher for year ten + and the whole process began again! Back in the system days I really spent a lot of time tweaking to get the shape right, and then I found a skin creator that I loved and that was that. Now? Hooboy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

I have to admit that I'm still MP challenged. :)

For my first 10 years in SL I wandered around as a pale white brunette with green eyes. When mesh heads first came out, I tried and tried them, and none of them worked for me because I wanted mesh Seicher to look really close to system Seicher. I had to wait for the bento heads, which are much more mooshable. But oh yes, the loads of demos, the time, the frustration. Then I decided to do a totally different Seicher for year ten + and the whole process began again! Back in the system days I really spent a lot of time tweaking to get the shape right, and then I found a skin creator that I loved and that was that. Now? Hooboy.

The mp can be a bit of a beast at times, even under the best circumstances. But sometimes I think our frustrations make things a million times more difficult than they need to be, lol. Most of the issues with the MP, aside from user caused ones (like I said before, we're our own worst problem, lol) surround how LL handles it, deals with it, works with it, fixes it, changes it...or the exact opposite of all of those things=which happens with increased frequency as the years roll on. I totally understand people's frustrations with it at times. I've had a few choice words myself, and have always been in the camp of "if LL had left well enough alone and let someone handle what we now have as MP, it would work better, we'd have better, it would have evolved better". But, what's done is done, now isn't it? lol 

As for mesh bodies and parts...ugh. I waited to transition until I felt it necessary, I'm still not convinced that was a wise choice. I'm sure at some point I might've made that leap, but, really, I didn't need to. But, I figure, I spent gobs of money on this mesh, so I might as well use it. Unlike others (and I'm not knocking them) I didn't shop around, lmao. I went with the first body I liked, which happens to be maitreya, as it was pretty close to my legacy body shape right out the box, with few tweaks. My mesh head is really outdated by most standards, an older catwa.  I went with the first thing I found that came kinda close to my legacy head shape, with little fiddling (which is what I was going for). Even my skin is outdated, my body skin is a default in maitreya (since they use GA skins, my head's a GA skin) it was one less purchase I had to make, lmao. I do like it, it's grown on me. I don't think I'll ever change it again. I can't justify that cost for me, not when there are homeless animals in sl...I mean, err..umm...yeah,  better stuff that I can spend it on :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Looks like this thread segues into the thread about "What are the hardest things for new players."

The OP has one gripe (the marketplace) yet takes it out on something different (The Forumites). Lookit here, you asked for help and GOT it. You should be saying "thank you" instead of biting off the heads of the little birds who gave you good advice. (Which segues into the "pet peeve" thread.)

I actually have another little helpful tip, based on something the OP typed, but I do NOT have the patience of a saint and so will not include it. My BS meter is always adjusted on the low side.

This.
And then they wonder why they get pushback. 

• Like 1

Just drifting slightly, and I've mentioned this before. When I'm out, and time to kill, I surf MP on my phone. I still occasionally buy rubbish by the way.....

But anyway, my quick surf method, which works for clothes, and hairs in particular, is to set the value high, the all I get is a few pages of fatpacks, so easy to look at. If anything catches my eye, I dig out the single colour purchase I want.

Or sometimes I just go to the vendor tab, but the high value method can still work. Much quicker. But nothing beats walking round stores. I rarely cam.

19 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I love shopping inworld. More fun than the Marketplace and often better deals

A lot of people cannot shop inworld without significant problems.

The only way I've found to over-ride the significant problems which are mainly the world takes a very long time to rez is to buy a complete mesh avatar with a low complexity and go shopping.  

I became a Dinkie in early September and the Dinkies are a low complexity avatar.  I can rez the world now and have no more jelly dolls.  Therefore, I got to thinking you all are not the problem with non rezzing or lag, I am to my computer.  I can shop inworld now as a Dinkie.  However, I wanted to be a Dinkie...the rest is what I observed with faster rez, almost no lag ever.

Perhaps LL needs to up the minimum system requirements cuz I have pretty much the minimum and it's tough to rez the world.

To Anyone:  You can find a complete mesh avatar by simply typing mesh avatar in the keyword search area on MP and then go to Complete Avatars, and you can then refine your search by choosing female/male/etc.  There are complete mesh avatars for as low as 1 linden and make sure it say complete mesh avatar.    

And everyone has outfits.  I know you came here to be a gorgeous human and all...but there is the outfits feature for rapid change, so change in a split second to a low complexity avatar, and then go grab a bunch of demos inworld.  

And, further...if I cannot rez a shopping sim, since shopping sims have very few avatars on them, it's further evidence I am the reason for my computer's lag and non-rez issues if I go above say 25K complexity.  With a human Classic or human mesh avatar, I cannot even rez empty shopping sims unless I wait at least thirty minutes and it's been like this since I began over two years.  But, with a Dinkie avatar, I can rez shopping sims.  

Edited by FairreLilette

25 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

And, further...if I cannot rez a shopping sim, since shopping sims have very few avatars on them, it's further evidence I am the reason for my computer's lag and non-rez issues if I go above say 25K complexity.  With a human Classic or human mesh avatar, I cannot even rez empty shopping sims unless I wait at least thirty minutes and it's been like this since I began over two years.  But, with a Dinkie avatar, I can rez shopping sims.  

Have you tried an all alpha avatar, aka invisible avatar?  That has very low rendering cost.  You can make your own easily enough, or you can just use alphas from products you already own.  

15 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

Have you tried an all alpha avatar, aka invisible avatar?  That has very low rendering cost.  You can make your own easily enough, or you can just use alphas from products you already own.  

Yes, this is possible, too...as is buying any object and wearing it.  But you need to know how to work the SL built-in tools to do the latter.  

I also wanted to say that my problems may not even be that I have near or at the minimum system requirements to run SL...it very well may be my connection which is wifi which is the only choice I have at this time.  Although my wifi connection is quite stable.  

Edited by FairreLilette

10 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yes, this is possible, too...as is buying any object and wearing it.  But you need to know how to work the SL built-in tools to do the latter.  

I also wanted to say that my problems may not even be that I have near or at the minimum system requirements to run SL...it very may be my connection which is wifi.  

Look at packet loss in Region Statistics.  If your packet loss is high, that's a problem that may be attributable to a poor wifi network connection. There are lots of ways to improve that.  If connecting a cable is not an option, look for a wifi transceiver (that plugs in your USB port) with a good antenna.  

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:Statistics

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/statistics

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

Look at packet loss in Region Statistics.  If your packet loss is high, that's a problem that may be attributable to a poor wifi network connection. There are lots of ways to improve that.  If connecting a cable is not an option, look for a wifi transceiver (that plugs in your USB port) with a good antenna.  

Thanks for the advice, Erwin!

Another tip especially for those of us used to windows is to close all windows and programs except SL when on SL...unless you are building somewhere, then you may need Photoshop open.  

And, this not being able to rez or difficult rezzing is not entirely off topic.  In another thread about MP, the OP said they cannot rez inworld.  

I'd suspect that is one of the reasons MP came into existence.  

For me, personally, I prefer Marketplace.  I am an experienced searcher though having practically pioneered Ebay when it was all auction only and we took checks and money order.  I learned how to do amazing searches from working on Ebay...and the Ebay community was the one who came up with FAVORITES.  That comes from MP modeling after Ebay.  I shop mostly from my Favorites.    

Edited by FairreLilette

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

It might help to play with camera controls in this case. If a shopping sim is taking forever to rez, turn my graphics down. I go into the Advanced menu and turn off rendering items (not inworld right now so I don't have the exact names for you). I'll get rid of sky, water, trees, etc. ... anything that isn't shopping sim. In the normal graphics menu I turn down the number of avatars that I seem have a short draw distance, etc. Of course no shadows and all of that stuff. But if you turn off sky and water, you may notice a big jump in how fast things rez.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It might help to play with camera controls in this case. If a shopping sim is taking forever to rez, turn my graphics down. I go into the Advanced menu and turn off rendering items (not inworld right now so I don't have the exact names for you). I'll get rid of sky, water, trees, etc. ... anything that isn't shopping sim. In the normal graphics menu I turn down the number of avatars that I seem have a short draw distance, etc. Of course no shadows and all of that stuff. But if you turn off sky and water, you may notice a big jump in how fast things rez.

Yeah, agreed.  But, I do know all the basic lag reducers...but I still was always tweeking stuff.  I wanted to be a Dinkie and found I don't need to tweek stuff anymore.   It could be my wifi connection that was making it difficult to rez any avatar over about 25K.  The problem seems to be coming from my avatar...not others or buildings because now that I am a Dinkie I rez shopping sims without problems or it may take about 5 minutes for full rez but 5 minutes is not 30 to 45 minutes like before in a higher complexity avatar.  So, I'd say it takes 5 minutes or less now to rez a shopping sim as a Dinkie.  This is why I suggest to people to get a low complexity avatar to go shopping in or to explore especially if you have a serious lag issue like I did.  

6 hours ago, BelindaN said:

But anyway, my quick surf method, which works for clothes, and hairs in particular, is to set the value high, the all I get is a few pages of fatpacks, so easy to look at. If anything catches my eye, I dig out the single colour purchase I want.

Yeah, I search Fatpacks also.  I do this by simply choosing BEST SELLING and it brings up fatpacks.  I have found a lot of cool items browsing fatpacks, too!  

Edited by FairreLilette

On 11/1/2019 at 4:42 PM, JulaMacArthur said:

Im looking for mesh head for over a month now and i cannot find any(maybe 2-3 i didnt like) is this some sort of joke? i look EVRYWHERE and it shows eybrows, appliers, skins, lipsticks, hairs, pircings fcking EVRYTHING except mesh heads WTF?

mesh AND head NOT shape NOT Shape NOT shapes NOT Shapes NOT appliers NOT Appliers NOT hair NOT Hair NOT hairs NOT Hairs NOT lipstick NOT Lipstick NOT Fatpack NOT fatpck NOT............ AND SO ON

this stupid market place will find a way to show me EVRYTHING except the thing i look for no matter what i do

CAN SOMEONE PLESE JUST TELL ME WHERE ARE THE MESH HEADS/BODIES ON THE MARKETPLACE AND WHAT KIND OF SECRET CODE I HAVE TO TYPE IN TO FIND IT FFS

It's very hard to find a mesh head which would satisfy you if you don't know which skin goes well with which head. So my advice would be to explore Flickr (SL community on Flickr) and blogs, find out who the best bloggers are and check what mesh heads and what skins they wear. Maybe between them you will find a look you like and then you could recreate it in-world and modify it according to your needs.

Edited by Pavon2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.