WHERE ARE MESH HEADS IN MARKET PLACE FFS

JulaMacArthur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Life is also too short to be this angry over the marketplace. When you're new to something, try to realize it is going to take time, patience and a willingness to learn. 

I'm sorry you've been struggling with learning the marketplace. Why not go visit inworld shops to gather demos of mesh heads instead? It would give you and the marketplace some space for a bit. You might actually prefer visiting the inworld shops. I know I do at times.

Learning something takes time. Show patience and kindness for those here trying to help you. None of this is the end all or be all. 

• Like 4

Mesh heads are a tremendous pain to buy for a host of reasons. Marketplace, while primitive, is really not the most frustrating part of the experience.

Worst is finding one that can assume the shape you really want your avatar's head to have. They all come with laughably awful demo shapes, so you'll need to do the experimenting yourself before you buy. And of course there's nothing to reuse from one demo to the next because each model responds differently to the shape sliders. So just finding a tolerable head shape will take hours.

Or it would, except that many mesh heads still aren't BoM compatible, and heads are foremost of all products to need baked textures in order to avoid alpha sorting problems (assuming you'll ever use makeup and/or eyelashes or even hair). So your first job is to cross off any heads that still, even at this late date, don't do BoM. Honestly, if they're that far behind the curve, just cross them off and never look back.

Now, compatibility. The good news is that most heads fit on most bodies fairly seamlessly. The bad news is that the set of skins that look good on a head and the set that look good on a body may not intersect. This will get better with BoM eventually, but right now there's a dearth of good BoM skins anyway, so...

Y'know what? Don't buy a head at all now. It really is just too difficult. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it and still ended up hacking my own makeup to hide the double eyelid on the one skin that otherwise looked sort of reasonable. Granted, you won't necessarily have exactly that problem if your avatar isn't asian, and there are more options if it's not male, but still it's gonna be a huge, frustrating, and absurdly expensive hassle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JulaMacArthur said:

no worries, i think i know how to find it now, but i dont think im gona spend any money on anything at this point, bet this is just the beginning of issues, dont even wanna think what comes next

Hi Jula- before you give up entirely- do know that SL doesn't come with a users manual.  (you know that tho lol).  It was very overwhelming to me, when I joined 10 years ago.  I can imagine it must be a lot worse now, because things like mesh clothes, mesh heads, mesh bodies & mesh hairs  and appliers and bento this and that didn't exist.  

There are several spots and groups inworld that have helpful folks who might be able to help you learn your way, if you're still interested- 

SL frees & offers is a group that might be useful.

A spot friendly to new comers and seasoned players is http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isabel/37/223/81

Don't try to learn so much at once- pick maybe one thing a week, while visiting different spots around the grid?

Welcome (a little late) to SL :)

14 minutes ago, JulaMacArthur said:

WHERE THE F*** ARE THESE HEADS................

Look, I get that you're frustrated, but why are you yelling and swearing at me? In fact, you're yelling and swearing at the one person on this forum who would actually bend over backwards to help you if you needed any help with Catwa heads, since I'm a CSR for that brand.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

Just now, Skell Dagger said:

Look, I get that you're frustrated, but why are you yelling and swearing at me? In fact, you're yelling at the one person on this forum who would actually bend over backwards to help you if you needed any help with Catwa heads, since I'm a CSR for that brand.

spend few hours today on it with no effect, im done for today

Just now, JulaMacArthur said:

bet you miss all the people that left SL ?

to answer that serious.. just a few that were close to me,
but people who give up because they don't have patience... nah not really, because today it's heads, and tomorrow toe nails or the grid down for 10 minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JulaMacArthur said:

I did that, it will show me lipsticks and all other stuff for these heads, unless i program it myself with 1 page long code of NOT this NOT that NOT this NOT that.. and so on to the end of the universe

i just found mesh heads under:  Avatar Components » Avatar Skin and Shape Combinations » Female Avatar Bases AFTER 37 DAYS of looking, thank you and goodbye

I gave you the link to that very place the last time you complained about the marketplace. Maybe if you read the answers to your other post, you wouldn't have wasted so much time looking for it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JulaMacArthur said:
12 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Look, I get that you're frustrated, but why are you yelling and swearing at me? In fact, you're yelling at the one person on this forum who would actually bend over backwards to help you if you needed any help with Catwa heads, since I'm a CSR for that brand.

spend few hours today on it with no effect, im done for today

And "spending a few hours on something with no effect" justifies yelling and swearing at people who are actively trying to help you?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tari Landar said:

I gave you the link to that very place the last time you complained about the marketplace. Maybe if you read the answers to your other post, you wouldn't have wasted so much time looking for it. 

yea i posted this after i re-read the old post and went to that category again, MY BAD

6 minutes ago, JulaMacArthur said:

im was looking over 30 days for mesh head, yep, no patience

And if you had simply come here and asked quietly a month ago instead of waiting for 37 days and then yelling and swearing at people, you would have had a head ages ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

And if you had simply come here and asked quietly a month ago instead of waiting for 37 days and then yelling and swearing at people, you would have had a head ages ago.

well then dont do marketplace if it dosent work

2 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

The thing is, you were told exactly what to search for and what brands you’ll find. 

Still couldn’t be bothered.

Worst troll eva 

l2 read please

1 hour ago, JulaMacArthur said:

I did that, it will show me lipsticks and all other stuff for these heads, unless i program it myself with 1 page long code of NOT this NOT that NOT this NOT that.. and so on to the end of the universe

i just found mesh heads under:  Avatar Components » Avatar Skin and Shape Combinations » Female Avatar Bases AFTER 37 DAYS of looking, thank you and goodbye

This is new to me...Mesh heads and bodies do come up if you go to this:   Avatar Components » Avatar Skin and Shape Combinations » Female Avatar Bases

I never saw that before there and it's definitely in the wrong place as I wouldn't think Mesh Head and Body is under Avatar Skin and Shapes but it is and again, I never saw that there before.

It most definitely should be Mesh Head and Body > Female, Male, Other, or __________ fill in the blank.  

The marketplace works well for some things and not for others. When there wasn't an easy and obvious way (and still isn't) of finding mesh heads on the marketplace i turned to inworld search looked up all the brands i knew of, Skell gave you a great list plus there's Lelutka & LAQ that aren't in the list i went to the stores grabbed a bunch of demo's and took them home to decide what was best

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

This is new to me...Mesh heads and bodies do come up if you go to this:   Avatar Components » Avatar Skin and Shape Combinations » Female Avatar Bases

I never saw that before there and it's definitely in the wrong place as I wouldn't think Mesh Head and Body is under Avatar Skin and Shapes but it is and again, I never saw that there before.

It most definitely should be Mesh Head and Body > Female, Male, Other, or __________ fill in the blank.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by JulaMacArthur
  • Like 1

If the OP eventually does buy a mesh head, and if it's a Catwa one, then I and my fellow CSRs will - as always - be ready to help with any questions or problems. We can do that better if we're spoken to clearly and calmly and not raged at.

For now, though, I'm out.

• Like 6

The MP has been a mess since its inception, there isn't anyone on the grid that I would believe if they told you otherwise. But, it's really not as difficult to find things as you make it seem. You're frustrated, totally get that, got that the first time you complained. But you were given ample opportunity and ample information before, and chose to ignore it. So the ranting here today, is a bit much, and it likely to rub probably everyone the wrong way. You're directing your anger at all the wrong people (which really doesn't make any sense to have THIS MUCH anger about merely shopping on the MP, get back to me when the lab flubs up, or removes your entire MP store and we can talk about anger, lol). I'd rather not be the one to say it, but, maybe someone has to, yes, as far as this issue goes, you very much are the problem and not the MP. Now, before you get mad at that, please don't, lol, it's not an insult, I promise. We ALL have had similar issues, and we ALL make the same kinds of mistakes and we ALL get frustrated with the MP, LL, the way things are done...etc.. We are ALL our own problem at some point or another.

Take a breather for a minute. As convoluted as the MP may seem at times, you're making things more difficult for yourself.  You're not "programming" anything when you put in search qualifiers, lol. As much as we may not like them, for the most part, they do actually work just fine, and you don't NEED to include all of those qualifiers (which also was explained in your other thread). They aren't necessary because the MP makes no differentiation between NOT demo and NOT DEMO, it's all read as "not demo". That said, yes, it still messes up, it still has problems, and plenty of merchants circumvent the qualifiers. There are still plenty who do not, and even a singular search would've gotten you mesh head results on page one, IF you'd actually done a search. I don't believe you did-but I'm guessing it's because you were still frustrated, so...I get it.  Everyone gets frustrated with the MP, lol.  Mesh head and body makers are not ones that would circumvent the rules for listing on the MP. So any qualifier you include in your search, should result in finding those mesh heads.

If you want to continue to search for mesh body parts, I highly recommend doing a quick search for blogs related to mesh bodies (someone will post a link here I'm sure, if they haven't already). because they are VERY helpful, and one particular blog (mesh addicts isn't it?, I dunno, someone will, lmao) and they can not only offer you information, but probably also links. That will cut your frustration down. So will joining groups in world dedicated to whatever it is you're looking for (I think there might be a mesh..bodies, or something or other group inworld..someone will give that info too if they have it). Relax a bit on the tension and you'll probably find your shopping experience to be less frustrating over all. I loathe most shopping in sl, I don't shop for clothes, or mesh bits and pieces. I bought a mesh body, mesh head, and I have some outfits...and I'm good. I do shop for other things though, and sometimes it can take a bit longer to find what I want. Still, if someone has made it, and it's on the MP, I'll find it. You might have to sort your pages to show 96 items instead of the default 12 to cut down on the sheer amount of clicking...but it's really not as complicated as you're trying to make it seem. There is no way you spent over 30 days looking for a mesh head. People like to exaggerate when they're feeling feisty, and frustration makes us feisty.  No need though, just take a step back, take a breather, and try again. As messed up as the MP is....it's really not as messed up as you make it seem. LL certainly isn't helping itself, or us, with the issues the MP does have..but this really isn't one of them, lol. Mesh heads and body parts really aren't this hard to find. I literally just helped someone, someone very new I might add, find them yesterday, lol.

397d9fd5b07467029b5ce9540f45380f-hug-meme-funny-hug_orig.jpg.7f20ad02acad4aee96a5507fe3db44e8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.