The Easiest Job in SL! - 1L for each 1 increase in traffic.

HowardKhan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you that social butterfly and fashion maniac, who has tons of friends and are looking for extra cash for doing almost nothing?

To kick start my new Fashion Store, I need YOUR help to increase the exposure.

I'm willing to pay the right person 1 linden for every increase in traffic over the contract period.*
All you have to do, is to get people to teleport to the store and stay there long enough to generate traffic.
Scroll through the vendors, look at hot fashion, have a chat and enjoy the day.

Please reply here if you are interested. I will personally go over the candidates and contact the chosen one in world.

*The limit I will pay for this is 5.000L

There is more. From the moment your contract begins and until it ends, you get 1 Linden for ALL of the traffic generated.

• Does that mean ALL traffic, also generated by other avatars? Yes.
  • Does that mean I can use my alts too? Yes.
  • Does that mean I seriously get paid a linden for all traffic that generates, even when I'm not there? Absolutely.

You can literally earn money while you sleep.

Tips on how to increase your salary:

1. 1. If you can help me make a better classified, the traffic will increase.
  2. 2. If you have other ideas and they work, you will earn more.

BONUS: If you do really well, I will give you store credit to buy at least one outfit of your choice.

For the amount of real, genuine work you're expecting to have done, that payment limit should be what you pay for a day's work (four hours in SL time) - never-mind any traffic rating (which is impossible to associate with any specific account and takes several days as that is an averaged number. You'd be better off placing camping chairs and paying L$1 per hour like they did in 2006. Do you have a clue why no one does that any more?

My offer is one Linden for every traffic increase, regardless of source. Example: My traffic went from 11 to 145 on day one. Partially it’s a classified I made, partially it could be people wandering in from the stores nearby and partially probably myself being there to set the vendors up.

Had someone been hired to do this already and not been to the store at all during the jump in traffic, that individual would have made the difference between 145 and 11, or 134 Lindens in a single day, for doing absolutely nothing.

Hence this position is open to only one person.

That is not how it works.. $L1 per user? ... no one will bid on this...

You should pay by day or week / You need army of people or bots.. i know how it works i used to do that and used to make $15k+ month but it depends on your niche of business

11 hours ago, Mollymews said:

if the inviter employee pay is largely based on other people's traffic/dwell and not just that of the inviter then I don't see how that would be a violation

be careful who you employ tho. MySneakyBotArmy could get 5,000L a day from you

Thank you for the heads-up. It would also be lame to invite that mess into an area with many shops.

7 hours ago, raa21 said:

That is not how it works.. $L1 per user? ... no one will bid on this...

You should pay by day or week / You need army of people or bots.. i know how it works i used to do that and used to make $15k+ month but it depends on your niche of business

Thank you. It is one linden per 1 increase in traffic. If the traffic goes from 100 to 200, the pay is 100.

20 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

For the amount of real, genuine work you're expecting to have done, that payment limit should be what you pay for a day's work (four hours in SL time) - never-mind any traffic rating (which is impossible to associate with any specific account and takes several days as that is an averaged number. You'd be better off placing camping chairs and paying L$1 per hour like they did in 2006. Do you have a clue why no one does that any more?

I certainly remember the camping days of 2007. It was like the bots nowadays, zombies to make it look busy.

After four days of testing Second Life, and with a monthly budget of 200.000 Linden, the experiment has been ended. This world was much different business wise and culture wise the last time I was very active here. People were more open minded, didn’t troll for attention and you could try new things all the time.

What this world has become is a bitter majority, status quo,  monopolies and a shopping experience that cannot compete with the simplicity of modern times.

With the budget, I can hire RL virtual assistants to set up a Chinese dropshipping operation and sell through Amazon, Ali Baba, Instagram and so forth. Probably in less time than it would take to build something not profitable in SL.

Second Life apparently died years ago when it comes to accessibility, culture and ease of using.

Whoever creates an asset for money trading market in a game up to date with the modern standards, is going to be rich.

6 hours ago, HowardKhan said:

After four days of testing Second Life, and with a monthly budget of 200.000 Linden, the experiment has been ended. This world was much different business wise and culture wise the last time I was very active here. People were more open minded, didn’t troll for attention and you could try new things all the time.

What this world has become is a bitter majority, status quo,  monopolies and a shopping experience that cannot compete with the simplicity of modern times.

With the budget, I can hire RL virtual assistants to set up a Chinese dropshipping operation and sell through Amazon, Ali Baba, Instagram and so forth. Probably in less time than it would take to build something not profitable in SL.

Second Life apparently died years ago when it comes to accessibility, culture and ease of using.

Whoever creates an asset for money trading market in a game up to date with the modern standards, is going to be rich.

Anyone who comes into Second Life with the purpose of trying to start a real life-sustainable business is going to fail. This has been the case since even before I came into it (Let's just say a few more than a few days ago). If it was an experiment, you should have stated so. Here is where you're experiment failed: You are asking people to remain at your place for the entirety of their online time; to camp. The electricity cost to run the computer they use to do it makes it an immediate financial loss, not to mention people like to actually *do* things when in-world.

Also, your payment method is not made clear in terms of how it is tracked, what the actual terms are for getting paid, and the amount of payment (perceived based on description) appeared to be "laughable" as it sounded like L$1 per tick of traffic count, which no one can really control, neither does anyone know clearly how that number is reached as it is not the same as it was many years ago. L$250 comes out to about $1, so you're saying I could have received a whole $1.00 for spending 12 hours doing nothing but loitering around you parcel? That's what it appears to be, at least.

Thus, your comments about how things "used to be" as compared to now is disingenuous at best.

I'm not trying to debate you or debunk your idea or even plonk you. I am serious in that I am trying to explain what an onlooker perceived, that's all.

Yep it just sounded like camping and gaming traffic to me. Linden have done there best to ensure both are totally ineffective many years ago ... and nowhere did you put the word experiment until the end of the thread.

The thing is we never left SL we remained active while you were gone we were living and experiencing SL daily.  We have seen very change implemented that you missed and felt the impact of thus changes.  eg camping, changes concerning places in the official viewer, changes regarding xploders etc

Experiencing this world makes us wary of scams and gamers thats all, yes it is a change in culture id have to agree, or perhaps people have become wiser.

Edited by JUSTUS Palianta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.