mouth stretches when i voice chat

Biscky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im a newb when it comes to secondlife, so please be nice
but anyway, my avatar's mouth stretches/breaks whenever i voice chat, but fixes itself once i add or remove something on my avatar.
it happens with any avatar i have, all of them the jaws break and im very confused, i attached a picture showing an example.
please help
DnDTabS.png

2 answers to this question

Odd... I haven't seen this before.

This or any odd type of deformity is usually from an animation in an attachment. The solution is in finding the attachment or animation. To do that change to the Test Female avatar. (Top menu ->Developer->Avatar->Character Tests --- you may have to press Ctrl-Alt-Q to reveal Developer)

Once you are wearing the test avatar try whatever it is that distorts your mouth now. It should not distort. If it does, whatever you just tried is the problem. If no distortion, add your normal outfit back one item at a time trying whatever causes the distortion with each addition. You'll find the problem.

This is most likely caused by a voice activated gesture that you have active that is playing chatting animations that are not compatible with your mesh head.
Search your inventory for the term active and disable all your active gestures till you find the culprit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.