Abuse Reports going unanswered?

petepetepete

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. 

I have a super random question.

Lately I been filing Abuse Reports for a variety of things.. But they have been going unanswered.  Not just me but others too. 

I been having land issues, and people griefing/trolling, etc; Feels like Linden's aren't doing anything about it.. 

Did something happen to the Abuse Team? Or they are slow and behind?

I'm not sure what you mean by "unanswered" The only reply you will get from Governance is a generic email acknowledging your report. You will not be notified if/when any action is taken. 

If you mean that you don't think the issues are being addressed, be sure that the ARs you are filing are complete and clear as to what the issue is, why it's reportable, the location, etc. Give as much information as you can, a good clear snapshot of the offending item, etc. 

ETA: Be sure that you are reporting things that are actually reportable. Don't waste Governance's time on personal disputes, because they won't get involved. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5

Well, I know of someone who for years now has trolled and griefed the grid. You name it he’s done it, trolling, sim crashing, object spam, doxing...any action you can think of he’s done and all from his main account. Numerous reports have been submitted over the years from a whole variety of residents. Wanna know the outcome?..nothing..he’s still around, still on SL, still on that same account. 10 years of causing havoc on the grid. That should answer how effective submitting an abuse report is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Well, I know of someone who for years now has trolled and griefed the grid. You name it he’s done it, trolling, sim crashing, object spam, doxing...any action you can think of he’s done and all from his main account. Numerous reports have been submitted over the years from a whole variety of residents. Wanna know the outcome?..nothing..he’s still around, still on SL, still on that same account. 10 years of causing havoc on the grid. That should answer how effective submitting an abuse report is.

About 8 years ago I was witness to someone in a group of friends who didn't handle a break up well.  That person made dozens if not at least a hundred alts to harass & torment the entire lot of us (cause it was our fault he was a nutter?).  Each alt was reported for harassment.  Labs did nothing- and the jerk is still around on his original avi. 

10 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I've seen multiple instances of this exact situation. I've pretty much stopped stopped wasting my time submitting AR's. 

I'd be the last to deny that some people seem to get away with murder, regardless of the ARs submitted about them.  On the other hand, I have also seen many cases where I (or someone) submitted an AR, and within minutes, the offender vanished from the grid (at least once, right before my eyes), and their account was deleted.

I believe LL's claim that they review all ARs, and will continue to submit them when they're appropriate.

• Like 6

LL don't give personal replies to AR's only the generic acknowledgement of your AR. When someone on a neighbouring region was using multiple offensive particle spammers to grief my land and that of LL welcome centre our regions both border it took several as detailed as possible AR's over a week before the griefing particle spam went away so if you think AR's are a waste of time and nothing comes of them, there are times when they do work

LL expects users to implement whatever tools they have been given — like blocking, ignoring, avoiding, etc.

But from what we see in the forum, quite often the OP is not really interested in avoidance as much as justice. They want the stalker punished. LL is unwilling to assume that role.

• Like 6

On 10/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I'd be the last to deny that some people seem to get away with murder, regardless of the ARs submitted about them.  On the other hand, I have also seen many cases where I (or someone) submitted an AR, and within minutes, the offender vanished from the grid (at least once, right before my eyes), and their account was deleted.

Yeah.

When I file an AR I try to make sure I'm not filing it about any drama I've currently gotten myself into.

I look for something very specific in the TOS that is NOT ABOUT DRAMA and that I won't be describing in a vague 'Mom...., Eddy is griefing me again...' kinda way...

Include snapshots, preferable with the relevant part of the terms in there if I can, or a link to it, or something.

And I try very hard to NOT file them when I am feeling emotional about the situation...

Assuming I can do most of that, it tends to get resolved. When I fail to do some or all of that... not much happens.

If I am having drama with someone... I usually just block them, WITHOUT telling them... and try not to involve the lindens...
- I tend to clear names off of my block list roughly annually as well - if when I see the name nothing 'triggers' in me, I unblock them.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 12:56 PM, Pamela Galli said:

LL expects users to implement whatever tools they have been given — like blocking, ignoring, avoiding, etc.

But from what we see in the forum, quite often the OP is not really interested in avoidance as much as justice. They want the stalker punished. LL is unwilling to assume that role.

^^THIS. If it's a personal dispute that you really can handle yourself, then handle it. 

I've seen Governance respond to ARs many times, but it's always for things that residents cannot handle themselves. 

• Like 2

I recently had to file my first AR ever. I hated doing it, but I knew I had to. They responded in an efficient manner. They always have in my experience with them though even with support tickets.

I feel they set out to do what they feel needs to be done in cases where help is needed. Perhaps I've just been very fortunate. 

As weird as it sounds, filing an 'Abuse Report' at least in the past was often a way to get Linden or Mole attention on any sort of glitch.

Example:

- a ghost prim blocking an area - file a report.
- a mole build floating off the ground (saw this today: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Calm Waves/139/147/22 - crab trap cage floating in the air instead of on the dock nearby), file an AR.

I didn't file the AR on the floating mole build. I think they might have a better system for those things now. Years ago we used to 'AR' the governor all the time as a way to get attention on weird sim glitches. Always felt weird 'abuse' reporting governor linden, but that was the method... Somewhere I think there might be a support ticket system now.

I think we used to do it to get abandoned micro-parcels rejoined.

Given the number of successful abuse reports filed against Governor Linden over the years, you'd think they'd ban that guy by now... :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.