Sign in to follow this  
Aries Mohindi

no voice

Question

I have not been able to get my voice to work. I have confirmed the microphone works and I can hear sounds through the headset, I have a dot over my head. For a few seconds the voice worked then stopped and can't get it back. I have gone through the preferences, region settings, parcel settings, I have gone into the volume settings, I cannot speak. Please help.

Thank you

5 answers to this question

Check to see how many instances of slvoice.exe you have running (Task Manager).  If more than one, delete the extras.

Check your Windows audio settings.

Thanks for helping out...I looked and I have only one slvoice, 3 slplugins and 6 dullahanhost..not sure about what that is...windows audio checked...I'm at a loss...

Did you allow windows UAC to let SL voice through the firewall?

Try adding the slvoice application through the firewall in the settings for it or turn off the firewall to see if that’s causing it.

Usually the first time I run a fresh install of SL windows will prompt for allowing the slvoice plugin past the firewall.

I'm giving that a try now turning off firewall b/c I don't know how to do the slvoice through the firewall...and thanks so much for offering the help...I also am due for an update so things may change when that happens, will keep you posted..ty again.

Really appreciate the help...turning off the firewall seemed to have done the trick but greatly appreciate you both for even mentioning any ideas that could help. Take care Aries.