Next theme victorian?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y'all are just jealous that our doors are bigger than yours... ūüéĶ¬† I like big doors and I can not lie...

I can't believe no one is seeing the obvious clues in these photos. He posted the first one yesterday, on the date October 29. As everyone knows, October 29, 1929 was Black Tuesday. It kicked off the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I can't remember so lang back to the Home & Garden expo when we first saw the Trads and Boats. Was the landscaping around them in the showcase better than the actual landscaping we got?

The first preview region of Traditional & Houseboats was an exact copy of an actual region what was released later.

With Victorian houses it seems that the preview region is specially made just for the preview. The actual regions to be released have a lot more houses than the preview region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

The first preview region of Traditional & Houseboats was an exact copy of an actual region what was released later.

With Victorian houses it seems that the preview region is specially made just for the preview. The actual regions to be released have a lot more houses than the preview region.

Thanks. At least we get the pretty flowers, cobblestone roads and the new trees. Even if we have the neighbors closer.

Edit: It's not so many small ponds in the map over regions. The preview has water all around, maybe it looks more airy because of that. Sigh.

Edit 2: It's a Grand piano from Lisp as this week's Fifty Linden Friday. I am going to have a music room.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And the LOTS of grey oblong thingies seen in this three regions are certainly not bridges and avenues.

What on earth CAN they be?

I had thought those were fantasy regions and some funny beehive- type houses.

It is the distance, I think. Even if LL has strong mesh, it has started to deform on that long distance. We can't get in the new regions, so someone must have zoomed in very much.

It can't be other things than the roads and sidewalks. The asphalt roads in the rest of Bell has a simpler form.

I saw the houses inworld, and both they and the surrounding landscape / planting are quite lovely and up to the standard we expect from our amazing moles.

I can see people enjoying these, especially the larger size of the rooms and (is this confirmed?) being able to change wall colours individually. 

For people who tend to travel by TP and use their homes as a base they will work well.

Will I be inspired to walk, drive, sail just to look for hours on end?. Or spend hours refreshing on that land page to find another unique plot like i do in North Belli? Probably not. This new continent isn't aimed at me.

I'm disappointed, but if there are hordes of people loving it then that is absolutely ok. Especially if they can get their first Belli home without all the extra effort that's been needed so far.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I saw the houses inworld, and both they and the surrounding landscape / planting are quite lovely and up to the standard we expect from our amazing moles.

I can see people enjoying these, especially the larger size of the rooms and (is this confirmed?) being able to change wall colours individually.

It has to be. It is a thing they simply can't do, have different colors in the preview and not in the real houses.

Not just that, can have brown trim instead of white. At least 2 trim colors, maybe even a light one, but I can't tell. Would be great with an oak color wood. Plus it's different color on the entrance door, inside/outside is different. I forgot to look at the door to the porch.

We get colorchange walls, at least 2 trim options, and something with at least the front door.

I know those who will go all Victorian on the interior will love dark trim and dark walls.

Edit: I looked at the dark trim house again. The inside front door and the inside porch door is both dark. The trim around the windows too. That is very nice. It is same theme, not a bright white door that stands out. But I forgot (again) to see if the interior doors upstairs is matching the trim or not.

It's going to be cool to see how much we can mix and match. I want a front door in a deep color, and there seem to be some pretty, deep colors.

Edited by Marianne Little
See over
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Elena Core said:

@Pussycat Catnap, please don not let someone with such a sad spirit get to you.

Plus, that person really needs to read and investigage a bit more on History. Even me, on the other side of the Ocean, can tell the difference.Please, we really need more reading in this  modern era...

Yeah different eras anyway.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_architecture

ps: ON the Mediterranean note... as a LatinX person (one side of my family is Indigenous Peruvian)... I agree the person who told you that was... confused...

In the United States, 'Victorian' architecture generally describes styles that were most popular between 1860 and 1900

- Which I already knew. Here, it's a style that more or less marks the end of the era the person referred to.

It's just that they soured me with a poisoned idea I need to shake.

Globally it began shortly before that. Curiously it begins in the UK around the same time they did emancipation ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_Abolition_Act_1833 ) :

Jacobethan (1830‚Äď1870; the precursor to the Queen Anne style)

- So you could say this is a style that heralds the coming of freedom as it spread. That at least, is the pill I going to try and swallow. ;)
Next time somebody says something stupid like that, I know what to clap back with. :)

The actual builds we have are also lovely and very well made - I took all those pictures here to show that. I am plotting out a path to getting one, and as long as I don't get that person as a neighbor with some horrid build, all will be fine.

EDIT: I re-read my chat log... the person was NOT saying they wanted a house because it reminded them of that theme.
They noted the houses reminded them of 'slavery' era house AND in another comment that they loved the design of the houses. Someone else noted that 'plantation' houses are a different era.
- I saw two words close together and that flashed in my mind an association of words that trigger me for a number of reasons (*). I failed to see the second person was actually contradicting the first.
So yeah... I got triggered by an association that tends to be super raw for me... Not that anyone else should have gotten triggered...

* lets just say I grew up as the brown child in a family one-generation removed from the Klan - my mother grew up being beaten into a bloody pulp by her parents for having friends that looked like what her later children, due to my indigenous father; looked like - and those parents... come from BOTH sides of the plantation and a family that hid that fact. I have a hair thin trigger that can misfire on me on certain topics as a result.

I am still glad to NOW have in my head the fact that Victorian Architecture literally spread around the world to places that only a few years after the style got there, found themselves free. It's literally a herald of 'some stuff is coming that is gonna change things.'

- Now I've got a fact that makes me admire the style...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
18 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Will I be inspired to walk, drive, sail just to look for hours on end?. Or spend hours refreshing on that land page to find another unique plot like i do in North Belli? Probably not. This new continent isn't aimed at me.

If I read it right, they will a few thousand of these on the first day... if you're around in the first few days chances are it will be easy to get one. Likely even be able to abandon and get a different one with ease for the first day or two.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If I read it right, they will a few thousand of these on the first day... if you're around in the first few days chances are it will be easy to get one. Likely even be able to abandon and get a different one with ease for the first day or two.

That will be really great for those people who have struggled so far with the timing of releases and so on. 

7 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's just that they soured me with a poisoned idea I need to shake.

- So you could say this is a style that heralds the coming of freedom as it spread. That at least, is the pill I going to try and swallow. ;)

Yes, shake the bad crap away. 

IMO, the actual houses used in the south during the slavery plantation days don't look anything at all like the Victorian style.  Use Google Images to check for 'plantation houses' - they are totally different.

• Like 1
Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:
4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That will be really great for those people who have struggled so far with the timing of releases and so on. 

Possibly.  Depends on how many thousands and how many people are still anxiously awaiting a Linden Home.

The very first release was roughly 3300 houses & houseboats and they were all taken in roughly 48 hours.

By the same token, when LL did the Camper release, they controlled the release, letting out 1-3 regions at a time, so that it took pretty much an entire day and into the early evening before they were all released and taken -- and there definitely was not a thousand of those in the initial southern batch.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Depends on how many thousands and how many people are still anxiously awaiting a Linden Home.

There were still quite a few people on the old continent when I looked last. Maybe if these new houses are consistently available some of those will feel safe to give up their current spots?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

There were still quite a few people on the old continent when I looked last. Maybe if these new houses are consistently available some of those will feel safe to give up their current spots?

I went over there yesterday. For personal reasons I can always remember the name of one of the sims there; 'rastas', so I use it to get the place on the map.

I saw one house had more than a dozen people in it, but they had parcel privacy on so I couldn't cam in (to bot check).

I noticed an infohub was stacked with people, all sitting on chairs and a few in that 'pose' people get in when they edit their shape...
- average age listed on my radar told me these were all most people several years old.

Old linden homes also have quite a few green dots, as you note. But also I see a LOT of empty builds.

I think back then though - people often got them and never decorated them. Half the folks just used them as a spot to TP Home... Bellisseria has some of that too, but less common. However unless I go around hitting About Land all over the map - it makes it harder for me know just exactly how abandoned Old Linden Homes are.

I think it is clearing out, but slowly, and some community clearly remains in places I didn't even know it existed (back when I last had a plot there, I never saw anyone use the Infohubs or gather in people's houses).

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Fyi, Belli Citizens chat.

[08:00] Patch Linden: We can't release the Victorian homes before the weekend

Yeah, totally makes sense.  

I'm betting on Monday, possibly not until Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

Does anyone know if the idea of the victorian theme was originally requested by a SL user or was it thought up by the LL team & put into fruition?

Victorian has been mentioned in the forums since they first started working on the new Linden Homes, back in Aug 2018.  However, I'm not sure we'll ever know if it has always been on Patch's list of if it got there because of the forum discussions.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I like the new home design and they do seem more spacious. 

The 'Hardy' seems to be best of the four models. 

I could see the rooms being laid out with what I would like as a setup.

Looking from the front of the house :

Front Left as a dining room, front Right as a living room, Rear Left as a Kitchen, Front Center and Rear Center as Foyers.

Upstairs would be 2 bedrooms Master on the right side of the house, 2nd on the left front  and a full bathroom in the rear room.

IMHO.

18 minutes ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

Does anyone know if the idea of the victorian theme was originally requested by a SL user or was it thought up by the LL team & put into fruition?

There is a fishy coincidence here in that users started talking about wanting this style in a timeline not too far off from when the mole/linden team would have had to have settled on a choice in order to be able to develop it out in time... ;)

The Lindens are out there... they have alts... the moles are actually alts of residents...

People are always going on the forums ranting about 'my boyfriend's alt slept with my girlfriend that I was cheating on him with, and now they're cheating on me, and I think my own alt is sleeping with my boyfriend's mom so I need to know WHO all ya'll's alts are NOW and the lindens need to ban them all because alts are evil'...

But the real conspiracy is... the alts are actually running and building Second Life... They ARE the Illuminati. ūüėéūüĎĹ

EDIT:

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Victorian has been mentioned in the forums since they first started working on the new Linden Homes, back in Aug 2018.

Hey I'm trying to create a conspiracy here. Don't conflate that with logical facts... ūü§¨

• Haha 8
2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

There is a fishy coincidence here in that users started talking about wanting this style in a timeline not too far off from when the mole/linden team would have had to have settled on a choice in order to be able to develop it out in time... ;)

This is what I was getting at. Not sure of the¬†origin of the victorian homes, but I know LL has been very receptive to customer demand & maybe .. just MAYBE they even take into account our considerations for possible themes! This could mean my dream of one day living in a spanish style villa or even an italiante linden home might come true¬†ūüėćūü§ě

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, shake the bad crap away. 

IMO, the actual houses used in the south during the slavery plantation days don't look anything at all like the Victorian style.  Use Google Images to check for 'plantation houses' - they are totally different.

Plantation homes were typically Greek Revival Architecture not Victorian. Townhomes found in cities like Atlanta were just beginning to adopt the Victorian style.

Related image

• Like 6
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.