Inventory delivered via group notice

Hatsya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some time now, I have been unable to click on and receive, items and notecards delivered via group notice notification box. Instead, I have to go to the group and find the notice tab, then the items/notices attached to it. When I click this, I receive them.

I have not always had this problem, it is recent.

This is the viewer I am using - Second Life Release 6.3.3.531767 (64bit)

Is it a setting in preferences, for example, that I have wrong?

Thank you for any help you can give.

7 answers to this question

not sure if its a real thing or if it is just me

i can click and receive items from the group notification box, on notices received during the current logged in session. If I log out and log back in then I can't for notifications received during the previous session and have to go to the group notices dialog to get them

I too have this problem, but not consistently.  Sometimes an image will open automatically when I read a group notice.  Other times, I have to go to the list of notices for that group and click "open attachment" to see it.  Using Firestorm here, so it's not confined to the SL viewer.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, Rolig Loon said:

I have had that same problem from time to time since about 2008. Luckily, it's not a show stopper, but it is annoying.  I have never been able to understand why it starts, or why it goes away either.  But it does.  If you ever find out, post the answer here.

23 hours ago, Hatsya said:

Thanks everyone for your input and thanks to Whirly for the answer.

In a large part it is a time thing. If I see a notice pop in I can nearly always open it and get the attachments. If it is a couple of hours old, arrived while I was off line, or I put off opening until after a relog... then I nearly always have to open the group, the notices and grab attachments from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.