Landscaping vs. terraforming?

Elena Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(Please let me know if this topic is already in another thread, or shouldn't have published) It is said that if your reality is not what you want, all you have to do it is create it. And I was thinking about doing the same with the parcel of my camper :) I love the spot, don't know why, but I am missing the water view. So I was thinking about adding some little lake, pond, cascade... But, is it allowed?  Up to which point you can do landscaping and transform your garden/patio/parcel? When is it considered to be terraforming?

Thank you for your ideas and impressions, I'm sure they will be really helpful.

Terraforming is moving the basic ground layer that makes up the region. Landscaping is putting out decorations on the land. You can't make a pond by moving the ground to reveal Linden water. You can make a pond by placing a pond made of prims/mesh/sculpties.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Terraforming is moving the basic ground layer that makes up the region. Landscaping is putting out decorations on the land. You can't make a pond by moving the ground to reveal Linden water. You can make a pond by placing a pond made of prims/mesh/sculpties.

Thank you Polenth :) All I needed to know

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.