Event posting

Sally Spark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I cannot seem to set the slurl in the event calendar to the land I am an owner of. The parcel is owned by a group that I am part-owner of.

I have 'host events' ability for, is set as an owner i the group, the land is set to show in Search Places as a Hangout, and is at least 512 square meters.

What could be the problem?

I think the person we rent from is subletting for a third party.

the SLurl is: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Devils Ranch/40/82/34

Edited by Sally Spark
spellcheck

1 answer to this question

It appears to me that the parcel is not group-owned, only set to group, but owned by an individual, and according to the (confusing and very detailed) Event hosting rules, it seems you'd need to be a Friend of that owner. It also says something, though, about merely being on the access list of a private island, whatever that means; you are on the "Always allowed" list for the parcel but I think there's an "Allowed" list at the Region level, too, set by the Estate Manager. (I'm sorry, it's been ages since I managed a private region.)

The other thing that comes to mind as a potential problem might be the text of the Event description, which I understand must be G-rated even though both the Region and Event will be Adult-rated; I have no idea how or if that rule is enforced, but if it uses an automated text screener it might be doing something stupid.

Or it may be something else altogether. You're not the only one having trouble with this recently and it's been tripping up folks for ages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.