Loleeta Lennie

A Thing Of The Past?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the Second Life RP World, RP of Avatar (the James Cameron Movie) used to be quite popular.

I have noticed a huge decline in RP Sims for this Genre over the years. 

Is it even a "thing" any more? Or did the much delayed release of the follow up Avatar 2 kind of kill it off in SL?

In the regions that I used to RP Avatar in, the humans just got way too violent for me so I left. It had nothing to do with the constant delays for Avatar 2.

I have not looked to see if there are any Pandora/Na'vi type regions still in SL, mainly because if I do decide to get back into RPing I would be looking for a Pandora on which the humans were no longer adversaries. Instead, the humans become allies, possibly due to another "invading" alien species or, if nothing else, for the sake of survival. I'm probably the only one who would be interested in that.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

YES!

there are a few of us die-hard RPers still active with RP tues & weds evenings. we'd be ecstatic to have you join in.

the estate group is Pandora Planet HomeHeartSpirit...three regions and 5 RP groups [Omatikaya, Txampay Pongu, and Txe'lan ''Olo (Na'vi), and RDA or UN/Civilian (humans)].

Yes, there is conflict, but not so much battle as "culture shock". the humans have returned to Pandora, many years after the war that sent them back to Sol. Still the attempts at aquisition by the RDA and the Corporations that employ them, but also a seeking of knowledge by the UN Science teams doing research and actively attempting to preserve the ecological balance.

for more information, or just to browse around...here is the SLURL to our welcome center: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pegase/134/208/1207

PPHHS logo.png

Edited by jadeka Wirefly
create linked text
  • Like 3

Yes! We are still active and always hoping others who still love the movie will join us! There are different levels of humans, the Na'vi are still active and thriving. Please do come around and join us! We have two sims and a homestead to explore! Hope to see you there!

Ting'tirea

Txe'lan Olo'eyktanay

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.