Banned or Maintenence?!?

Sabrina Metaluna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Sabrina Metaluna said:

yes i know this  , but there is a way to see if i'm banned? or a Nickname was banned? 

https://my.secondlife.com/NameGoesHere

Add the name you are looking for there. 
If the account is active (like the one I linked) you will see their profile.
If the account is not valid it will say  "The page you were looking for doesn't exist"
If the account is banned or deleted you will see a blank page with " This name is unavailable."

https://my.secondlife.com/Sabrina.Metaluna

You're good

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me wonders what sort of SL life you live if being banned is something that pops into your mind right away.

The first few years of being in SL I was terrified of being banned for some unknown (made up) infraction. That fear has never completely left because there are those that are just looney tunes.

15 minutes ago, Sabrina Metaluna said:

a person who hate me... can ban me... idk

Individual parcel owners can ban you from their land -- for any reason at all, whether or not they hate you.

That is not the same thing as an SL ban though, which would prevent you from logging in at all.

15 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What sort of SL life do you live if you make enemies that would try to get you banned? 🤔

There are a number of reasonable things one can do to get the jerks after them. Often just exercising your free speech rights will get one in trouble.

• Like 1

Still, as Lil said, you can be ejected or banned from an individual parcel or region for any reason at all -- or no reason.  It's totally up to the landowner.  She might just not like redheads.  Who knows?  Or cares?

That's not the same as being banned or suspended by Linden Lab.  Most people know pretty well when Linden Lab has dropped the big ban hammer, and they know why.  They don't need to ask.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.