Grid down ?

Tina Landau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, EligibleJam said:

LL said they would write a blog explaining the root cause of the problem.  Did they publish it yet?  Does anybody know what caused the outage?

They better not write about it just yet, as the issues haven't been fixed properly.
My partner was logged out while trying to take back one of her trees 50 minutes ago. When she tried to log back in, she couldn't, and since then she's been showing as online on my dashboard page (which I reloaded several times) but offline on the viewer's contacts list. I tried sending her an IM and the response I got was that she's offline — but still showing online on the dashboard page.
I have no idea what the Lindens have been doing these days, but it's obvious they haven't been doing things right.

Edited by MBeatrix

No it most definitely is NOT over yet!  There's another at least 2 hours' worth of fun tomorrow Tuesday 29th (later today in the UK).  This on the Grid Status Page since Friday:

Scheduled Maintenance
Scheduled Inventory Maintenance Oct 29, 10:00-12:00 PDT
Second Life will be undergoing scheduled inventory maintenance from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST on October 29th, 2019. During this time, residents may have issues with any inventory related activities including building, logging in, as well as avatar and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.
Posted on Oct 25, 12:55 PDT

Maybe there'll be some sort of statement after that, assuming there is no need for FURTHER work.
Edited by Aishagain
Additional text

After Sunday's pretty total failure of logins, it shows up on concurrency graphs as a huge drop compared to the normal daily pattern, things have been OK for me, but I think some old group notices reappeared, suggesting some data was restored from back-ups. Not a big deal for me, but potentially awkward. And I may be mistaken.

Monday morning, UK time, about midnight in California, I logged in OK. No problems since. So maybe I've been lucky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.