Requested Feature: Block Merchant

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking through full perm shops on Marketplace right now. I buy full perms kits a lot so I can make things for myself and alts, and because I have delusions of someday selling on a few designs.

It is getting increasingly hard to determine which of these sellers are real and which are copybotters...
- but even more exhausting to just find the real ones through the spam of stolen goods on MP...

There is one copybotter that is quickly working to improve their adverts to look more and more like real adverts - complete with demos and designed ads and so on. Only because I bought a demo, and then started to think "this looks awfully familiar" and then found the real maker was I able to figure out this seller. After which, simply because I have full perm kits from so many different brands did I notice this merchants 'slightly too diverse lineup' and learn to discern their 'advert style'...

They have moved accounts a few times since I learned to spot them. But even with that... they spam the listings everytime with hundreds of stolen goods...

I would love to be able to just 'block' that seller when I saw them, so my search results would no longer show them, or anyone else I suspected of being a thief... and I could more easily search among the brands I've managed to figure out are real...

I'm sure legit merchants would love this feature as well... they know how to let us all know who they are beyond just 'good adverts' on the page... and frequent shoppers learn to know the differences between major brands, smaller brands, and fake brands... but even though we can spot it... having to click 'Next' through 10+ pages to see one actual real product... even just a demo... is unpleasant.

If you won't give me the ability to report someone who I know is selling stolen goods because it's not my goods they stole... at least give me the ability to choose to not see their listings...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

While I don't buy much on the Marketplace, that sounds like a great idea to me. Unfortunately Lindens don't come here often so it is unlikely that your request will be seen. 

Yeah. I'm mostly hoping the idea starts to germinate in the mind of someone who has access to merchant meetings or something - and gets brought up...

At the moment if I browse the fullperms sections, close to half of all listings are from one single thief... It's blatantly obvious to the point that even image recognition software could be used to mass ban this person's multiple posting accounts... But it also means I sometimes have to click through several pages to find one legit product...

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah. I'm mostly hoping the idea starts to germinate in the mind of someone who has access to merchant meetings or something - and gets brought up...

At the moment if I browse the fullperms sections, close to half of all listings are from one single thief... It's blatantly obvious to the point that even image recognition software could be used to mass ban this person's multiple posting accounts... But it also means I sometimes have to click through several pages to find one legit product...

As far as I know ANYONE can go to the "merchant meetings"  -- so mark your calendar if it is important to you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.