Mainland: Continents full of friendliness, liveliness, and community

DiscoverMain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just wanted to say something about the spirit of Mainland. This week has been full of wonderful memories of Mainland.

I have met more people than I have in my entire Slife living on private land, just on the road, doing every day things. 

I met a random guy who visited my parcel and we struck up a nice conversation about orbs and ban lines. He said he and his wife were looking for land to be able to enjoy flying and boating without excessive navigational challenges and I shared with him some land landmark NCs I had and he thanked me, and off he went.

I met my neighbor and his girlfriend, and it was such a nice, intelligent conversation, that spanned different topics. He invited me to use the public strip of land between us and I invited him to come to the premises and enjoy the view any time. He recommended a nice "Flexible" security system he uses, and I used his recommendations to purchase such security system.  We swapped small talk later on as well about some funny issues in our neighborhood. 

I work with a couple of landlords and they are all so pleasant, professional, and considerate. One especially goes out of the way to be concerned for me. 

I met yet another neighbor on another parcel, and it was so sweet to meet her! She loves horses and loves running around as  a Dinkie, same as I, and we ran around hanging out and exploring all levels of her large parcel.  We are now going to collaborate on a  building project together.

I met yet another neighbor on Bellisseria (still part of Mainland), who acquired my Bellisseria House (still keeping my houseboat but left the house in order to buy more Mainland), and we had an awesome convo about decorating, and her wanting a Bellisseria house so badly, and I offered to decorate for free for her, and now I've got that project and that connection.

I met Asadorable Delightful and we had an awesome conversation about mainland and now I will help her with some stuff for LRC. 

And of course there's Profoky Neva who is as bad-ass as he is on the forums, who advises me time to time and who I shared a prototype of the DiscoverMain HUD with, and with whom I will work with closely on the Mainland Appreciation Society project. 

Here's some pictures that, to me represent the spirit of Mainland: Collaboration, Passion, Neighborliness, and Friendliness.

sGAMTRe.jpg

Meeting my neighbors on my land ❤️ 

1tC37wb.jpg

Showing my new Dinkie neighbor the set up of a parcel I'm currently renting.

l59PJau.jpg

...And here is us,  by the roadside of her land

nBeZkE1.jpg

Prokofy touring my Bellisseria house before I abandoned it to free up tier for Mainland.

gyVpIcY.jpg

A delightful GTFO hub...Very nice to see a different style of a GFTO hub!

VVnB6cb.jpg

Atmospheric shot of one of the beaches on the outskirts of Bay City, isn't this pretty?

No matter what corner you're in, Mainland is where  a bigger family is. 

Edited by DiscoverMain
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.