I do not think i could eat this ,could you ?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

As cute as it looks  i just cannot eat it as i have a huge fear of spiders . Could you ???608425707_AAH2WrH(2).jpg.6786f5f3da23bb0ab04712178339b2ab.jpg

If that is coconut on the legs that I'm seeing... no way. If it's cheese and the bread is tasty, yeah I think I would if the sauce isn't too bitey. Some of those marinaras have a bite to them that leaves a metallic taste in my mouth.

Other than that... it's cute and I'd want to preserve it. lol

Some spiders give me the willies too like brown recluses *shudders* but others don't bother me except when my cat plays with them. I have to admit though, that I think some spiders are kind of cute.. mainly the hogna species of wolf spiders. But I won't post a pic since you seem to be arachnophobic and the last time I posted a pic of a spider on a forum I got my butt chewed for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

As cute as it looks  i just cannot eat it as i have a huge fear of spiders . Could you ???608425707_AAH2WrH(2).jpg.6786f5f3da23bb0ab04712178339b2ab.jpg

I think I'd pass, too, Rose. 

I don't like the scary side of Halloween.  I'm with a friend who says Hallowen can be just as much fun "cute" and PG.   And, I said, even more so.

But to each their own.

• Like 1

I grew up on a very large farm my family owns .That being said we learned at a very early age what was ok to catch and play with and what was not . The wolf spiders bite is very painful as one of my relatives got bit by one.  But something you really had to watch out for  was the tomato worm with the spike tail ,   

But i seem to be a magnet for spiders and one time in the autumn i was sitting watching tv and my rl hubby just came home from work and there was a hobo spider on the drape which i did not see and  the spider bungee jumped me and in the middle of my forhead took a bite ,,,,  and yes hubby has the picture ... so i am very  careful about spiders

I do  know with the spider represents The spider meaning represents mystery, growth, and power, just like the seal spirit animal.  Your spider totem wants you to celebrate your feminine energy and allow others to get to know you on a more personal level. 

Since i am very shy in rl  this might be why they are alway around ,,,, for me to come out of my little corner ,,,,

and i also had a hobo spider yell at me   ,, seriously ,,,, it got on   its back legs and like stood up ,,,, it came right at me and was a foot away from me and then went back behind the bookcase  ,,, my rl husband still talks about that . 

Edited by roseelvira
trying to correct type os

6 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I grew up on a very large  family owned farm..That being said we learned at a very early age what was ok to catch and play with and what was not . The wolf spiders bite is very painful as one of my relatives got bit by one.  But something you really had to watch out for  was the tomato worm with the spike tail ,   

But i seem to be a magnet for spiders and one time in the autumn i was sitting watching tv and my rl hubby just came home from work and there was a hobo spider on the drape which i did not see and  the spider bungee jumped me and in the middle of my forhead took a bite ,,,,  and yes hubby has the picture ... 

I do  know with the spider represents The spider meaning represents mystery, growth, and power, just like the seal spirit animal.  Your spider totem wants you to celebrate your feminine energy and allow others to get to know you on a more personal level. 

Since i am very shy in rl  this might be why they are alway around ,,,, for me to come out of my little corner ,,,,

and i also had a hobo spider yell at me   ,, seriously ,,,, it goton its back legs and like stood up ,,,, it came right at me and was a foot away from me and then went back behind the bookcase  ,,, my rl husband still talks about that . 

Sorry to hear that!  Ouchies!  

I do not like spiders as they have hurt my sister, and my being in the antiques and collectibles business in RL, I have had my share of encountering black widows where Grandma and Grandpa's antiques and collectibles are often stored in a garage or storage shed.  

I don't like those spider cakes either nor think they are cute.  I like just black cake (chocolate) and orange frosting cupcakes with sprinkles.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If that is coconut on the legs that I'm seeing... no way. If it's cheese and the bread is tasty, yeah I think I would if the sauce isn't too bitey. Some of those marinaras have a bite to them that leaves a metallic taste in my mouth.

Other than that... it's cute and I'd want to preserve it. lol

Some spiders give me the willies too like brown recluses *shudders* but others don't bother me except when my cat plays with them. I have to admit though, that I think some spiders are kind of cute.. mainly the hogna species of wolf spiders. But I won't post a pic since you seem to be arachnophobic and the last time I posted a pic of a spider on a forum I got my butt chewed for it.

"Bitey"! I love that adjective!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

do not like spiders as they have hurt my sister, and my being in the antiques and collectibles business in RL, I have had my share of encountering black widows where Grandma and Grandpa's antiques and collectibles are often stored in a garage or storage shed

I do understand!!!!! Also with the hay bales in the barn the spiders love to hide between the bales of hay .  Black widows are nothing to fool with as the poisions  ,,,,, I just     ,,,, nope do not like spiders or snakes ,,,,,  ehhhhhhhhhh ewwwwww 

Looks like tomato soup in a bread bowl - if so, I'm all in.

Spiders don't bug me so much. They're good housekeepers.

When I see one in the house though, I will catch it in a cup or jar and release it outside. Sort of a 'as long as you're not in my business, you can hang out here, but get in my business and I'm gonna make you walk back inside all on your own.'

When I was a child I had a persistent nightmare about a basement monster. Eventually it all came to an end when through some lucid dreaming I wrangled up a grandmotherly spider to evict the basement monster - which is not too far off from what real world house spiders do for you.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

Probably not all of it, that's a lot of carbs right there. I'd have a good go at it though.

The eyes look like olives... bagsy those.

Oh I didn't notice the olives, lmao, I don't like olives, someone else can have that part, lol.

The post made me hungry, so I ate cheesy garlic bread dipped in ranch dressing with bacon

Terribly unhealthy, but amazingly delicious, so I don't even care (not that I ever much care, lol, I most certainly have bad eating habits.but they are mine, and I love them with every fiber of my unhealthy self 😛 ) 

• Like 2

I'm allergic, on a varying scale-most lethal,  to all insects and all spiders. For the most part it's the ones that can actually kill me if I pester them that I avoid, though I still like them from a distance. I love bees, they keep me fed, but they'll also kill me. 

Otherwise..eh..i I can't really have a beef with something so small just doing it's nature-y thing.

We get a lot of daddy long legs (cellar style spideys for those that don't know, they go by lots of names,not all are the same, but most look similar enough)  here. They take care of other bitty critters that might want to take refuge in my house. We NEVER get rid of those spiders, though sometimes we do have to move them, if only to keep the cats from messing with them. I fully appreciate the hard work they do :) 

I try to do my best to let all insects (minus daddy long legs) and..creatures, that might get in back outside, or even into the garage. My garage is also home to several raccoons, the occasional skunk, and possums, plus field mice when it's cold. If they stay out there and don't mess with stuff, we're cool. If they mess with stuff, a humane trap is set and they are let go in an approved nature preserve where they'll be more safe. (it has various different homes and locations that are weather safe for animals too, and they actually encourage people to do this versus just killing things for killing's sake, so I don't feel bad). 

I also feed the feral population here, and by feral I mean....whatever animals happen to wander into my yard and might need food, lol (raccoons, possums, rabbits, birds, squirrels, turkey, deer, bears, foxes, coyotes, people's runaway house pets, a couple of times the toddler from up the road...you get it, lol). My one cat loves it because then he gets friends to talk to through the windows. They're going to be here anyway, we do have to share this space, it was probably their space first, so I make them comfy. Except the kid, he usually gets goldfish  crackers and gets taken back home. 

When we have bear lockdowns,  I can contact the game warden and let them know where I think the bear(s) probably is/are, or headed.  Most of my county is rural, but no other city in my state has animal induced lockdown procedures, it's actually pretty funny when it happens. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

Does not scare me a bit

It's not so much that it's scary because it's not real...but it is a reminder on how badly my sister was hurt when she was bitten by a brown recluse.  She went into a condition called cellulitis.  Another time was also terrible when she was much younger.  Horrible.  Just horrible.  

I just do not like to go into the gory side of Halloween.  I prefer cute and no bad reminders.   

Halloween isn't even really much of a holiday anymore...it's just about candy and getting together now for a little fun.  

It used to be All Hallow's Eve, the eve of All Saints Day.  

The spooks were supposed to scare the demons away or something like that.  

Here's a little about what it used to be about...but it was started hundreds of years ago and is not much celebrated in the traditional style any more.  

All Hallows' Eve falls on 31st October each year, and is the day before All Hallows' Day, also known as All Saints' Day in the Christian calendar. The Church traditionally held a vigil on All Hallows' Eve when worshippers would prepare themselves with prayers and fasting prior to the feast day itself.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.