Sariteka

BDSM Lifestyle Banned in SL?

I am wondering if the BDSM Lifestyle is now banned in SL. I am in a DD/bbg relationship and was told I can not call my DD "Daddy" in local or I will get banned.  Is this correct?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sariteka said:

I am wondering if the BDSM Lifestyle is now banned in SL. I am in a DD/bbg relationship and was told I can not call my DD "Daddy" in local or I will get banned.  Is this correct?

Told by who?  Maybe it was a "rule" at a place you were visiting as region owners or whoever is paying for tier can set their own rules for their place but the answer to your question is no its not banned

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The club owner got into my IM telling me Linden Lab has now made it a thing that the Lifestyle is now banned

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Sariteka said:

The club owner got into my IM telling me Linden Lab has now made it a thing that the Lifestyle is now banned

I would ask them to show you their source for this information.  There's nothing official announced on the linden blogs about this

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sariteka said:

Thank you. I wanted to make sure and to also show him that he is incorrect

it's said already, but keep in mind that he, however wrong in general meaning as Linden enforced rule, still has the right to ban the people who advertise this lifestyle in appearance or profile. ( no clue why he would.. but he can)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sariteka said:

The thing that I don't understand is..I looked at his info and He is a Dom......soooo????

Just because his profile says he is a Dom means nothing... we could spend all day speculating his reasons but at the end of the day LL have not banned the BDSM lifestyle.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sariteka said:

What IS banned is anything that suggests that an avatar involved in a sexual situation is underaged. If your avatar looks and/or acts under 18 and is seen in a sexual act you'll probably have your account banned pretty quickly by LL; if a region owner seems like they're tolerating or encouraging that behavior they'll also get in trouble. 

37 minutes ago, Sariteka said:

The thing that I don't understand is..I looked at his info and He is a Dom......soooo????

My profile states i like to walk barefoot, what is the truth, but right now there are shoes on my feet, so.... :)

Even if calling someone "Daddy" was banned, that wouldn't mean BDSM as a whole was banned. Big difference.

That said, whoever claimed that calling someone "Daddy" or even promoting dd/bbg was banned is massively confused about that vs age-play. The latter IS banned.

The distinction can sometimes be hard to make in SL, especially over chatlogs, but it is definitely clear to those involved.
Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Sariteka said:

No

• Haha 1

I had to chuckle at this because if true about half of SL's economy would crash. :)

There are a lot of good comments above. It sounds like somebody doesn't understand DD/bbg dynamics, or even that it is a thing. I'm *not* sure if it is the sim owner or the OPer. The sim owner can ban anyone they want to, for whatever reason, as has been mentioned. If the author of the OP is clearly in an adult body, and saying bbg things, then it seems like the problem is with the sim owner (and see above, they can do what they want). If the author's age appears very young, and she's saying "Daddy" then yeah, she's going to get banned in places. Public *ge play is one of the few things taken seriously around SL/LL.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:05 AM, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

Huh? Since when is BDSM about Sex only? 

I think it probably depends on the context of what type of BDSM is being refereed to. There is bedroom BDSM vs BDSM lifestyle for example just to name one. You got to remember and keep in mind BDSM is a lot like Linux. It has a bunch of different flavors to choose from and ways to practice it. lol There is no real right or wrong way to practice it. Not really. lol ;)

On 10/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, Sariteka said:

I thought NOT being in the BDSM Lifestyle was banned...

• Haha 4

Wulfie nailed it.  The club owner was not objecting to you being a sub.  He was objecting to "child sexual role play" or "age (*) play."  A little girl sub calling her Dom "daddy" falls in this area, and it IS most definitely banned.

An adult female sub calling her Dom "daddy" falls into a gray area...I suspect the club owner was being cautious.

Call him Sir, or Master, or James (if his name is James, I mean.)  Don't call him Daddy.

(Edited to insert something between age and play to get by the darn robocensor.)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
stupid censor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wulfie nailed it.  The club owner was not objecting to you being a sub.  He was objecting to "child sexual role play" or "age (*) play."  A little girl sub calling her Dom "daddy" falls in this area, and it IS most definitely banned.

An adult female sub calling her Dom "daddy" falls into a gray area...I suspect the club owner was being cautious.

Call him Sir, or Master, or James (if his name is James, I mean.)  Don't call him Daddy.

Yep. Didn't see that when I made my joke response.

One of my groups sent out a notice today saying to take the 'daddy and babygirl' stuff OUT of their venue.
- Same club also stated in earlier notices that visitors should NOT use words like 'master' in local chat, and that the regulars will NOT be friendly if IM'd with it.

The only flaw in this logic is that this came as notices to group members. Not sure how all the 'daddy RPers' will ever notice that...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

11 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

(Edited to insert something between age and play to get by the darn robocensor.)

1. Little girl subs would be banned from SL as BD/Sm is an adult lifestyle. 

2. There is nothing Grey about an adult sub calling their Dom "Daddy." It is perfectly allowed as it is NOT @ge Pl@y. Good lord, the paranoia is running rampant. So is it a grey area for a latina to call her Dom "Papi?" Please.. No one has the right to tell a sub what to call their Dom/Domme. 

The club owner is a moron. Calling someone Daddy or Mommy doesn't automatically mean its @ge Pl@y. What if he was her Rp dad? plenty of family RP in SL. The big issue is the BD/SM community looks down upon the DD/bg lifestyle. It always amazes me when a group that is shunned by the general populace  turns around and shuns others. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Calling someone "Daddy" isn't sexual a.ge play. I totally agree with Drake on this one. It is not a grey area when one adult choses to call another Daddy. What would qualify sexual as a.ge play, and what is banned by the ToS, is a child avatar participating in BDSM...in which case it doesn't matter what they call their dom. The sexual a.ge play is definied by what avatars are involved, not by the language used.

And I don't even like the DD/lg people, but that is just incorrect and as much paranoia as banning avatars blindly based on height.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Calling someone "Daddy" isn't sexual a.ge play. I totally agree with Drake on this one. It is not a grey area when one adult choses to call another Daddy. What would qualify sexual as a.ge play, and what is banned by the ToS, is a child avatar participating in BDSM...in which case it doesn't matter what they call their dom. The sexual a.ge play is definied by what avatars are involved, not by the language used.

And I don't even like the DD/lg people, but that is just incorrect and as much paranoia as banning avatars blindly based on height.

Well-put. For the prudish among us, it's pretty easy to look it up, but this definition generally applies (Note that "age [*] play" does not reference the SL definition, but the adult role-play (I'll just let the filter do its thing in the quote.)):

It’s called many things: *****, role play, ABDL, diaper play, infantilism, but the name I like the most and relate to with a desire that will never leave is “The Daddy’s Girl Fetish”. The dynamic is tailor-made for a girl who has a little side and a guy who want nothing more that to “care” for her.

No BDSM required, either.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1