Are Traditionals updated?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read in the Bellisseria Citizens thread that the traditional homes had an update. That update went wrong because people could not walk into the houses.

So it was reverted, and is back to be worked on.

But is it true that The Traditional houses will have an update with tintable walls and doors to the first room to the left (Winchester)?

@Patch Linden@Abnor Mole

? Very exited now. I was going to set in doors to just that room and make it into a bedroom. I can wait with that now, if it is true.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

But is it true that The Traditional houses will have an update with tintable walls and doors to the first room to the left (Winchester)?

Ooohh... 😮 Now that would be amazing! 🤩

I also wouldn't mind having a door to the big room, straight ahead, in my Winchester too. 

Edited by Chuckey Jigsaw
forgot something

• Administrators

So, for full disclosure, there was.... an accident.  

giphy.gif

We were working on something for something else.  We used a Winchester as a test subject. 

giphy.gif

A mistake was made in using a home on a region which contains the production versions of the homes. 

giphy.gif

The homes from that region are the versions that are "published" to production.  Through lots of....

giphy.gif

.... the errant house got out for a very short period of time.

giphy.gif

So, some variant of rumors may be true, it may have been seen in it's purple or pink glory.  The work and testing of the system was not for these homes.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

Adding more doors to the inside?

Did I read that right? I hope not.

The only reason I went with Adams was it had no doors on the inside. I prefer my own door script because I've written it to work on collision rather than touch - so doors just open as my avatar hit them, assuming she is approved to do so (owner, right group, or list).

I do see that you're referring to a different traditional - but I think the less they add to the inside, the more we can add it ourselves. If I could make the outside doors work on collision instead of touch I'd do it, but I can't. I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd prefer to do their own internal customization.

If that was just about tinting the doors, then my comment is moot - save that I'd love some linden or mole to see this and add an option to have their doors work on collision...

• Like 1

Well I find that interesting because it opens some lines of speculation! ;)

I doubt that the EXISTING houses will be updated (though they might be).

But it seems that to the NEXT variation of homes they might add some features that people seem to crave.

With the campers they added the (very good!!!!) feature that you can turn them around.

With the new thingy they might be testing to give you the freedom to texture the inside walls individually (or even add own textures to them - AND floor?) That would be extremely nice! It saves you the money AND PRIMS to buy an addon for that.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

... So, some variant of rumors may be true, it may have been seen in it's purple or pink glory.  The work and testing of the system was not for these homes....

They MIGHT be testing some more colours to choose from for the outside !!

But this I personally would not wellcome at all . Mainland shows us what happens when people have too much choice! *lol*

I once nearly abandoned a house because one neighbour (that was exactly between me and my seaview) had chosen to colour his house bright purple which up to now you CAN do but only by buying an attachment. Luckily this neighbour after a few weeks decided to abandon himself and now there is a nice house in a suitable colour instead. ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.