Friend issues

MRSCANDIREDBONE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else here login to secondlife to make friends but find they can not communicate easily with em due to disorder or am I only one who feels like secondlife full of racial people I go out my way try find friends if possible and would like nothing more but to enjoy secondlife but each time I login seems be same results getting is it no decent people around anymore 

I know you're not new, but try The Shelter. It's a PG place so that in itself eliminates a good number of "idiots" but it's very popular with oldbies too, and most importantly, it's active almost any time of day. There's usually plenty of local chat going on so it's easier to dive into the conversation and start getting to know new people. 

As far as racism is concerned, unfortunately SL is not immune to that. If someone sends you an IM that is racist, report them to the venue owners/moderators. Racism is also worthy of an Abuse Report (if you decide to go down that route, don't respond to them in local or by IM, just submit the AR and ignore/block them). 

• Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 7:25 PM, Katt Dragoone said:

I wouldn't say racist. I would say the game is infested with either horny teenagers or horny old married men 🤣 At least that has been my experience 🤨

Making friends takes time just like in RL . Keep trying!! ❤️

I want to add old married women to this. In my experiences I have ran in to a lot more of them then I have the guys on here looking for some of that tang. lol Some of them even travel in packs. lol We most certainly can't leave them out. Not if we are going to be fair about it. Lmao!!!! :D

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2019 at 2:07 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I know you're not new, but try The Shelter. It's a PG place so that in itself eliminates a good number of "idiots" but it's very popular with oldbies too, and most importantly, it's active almost any time of day. There's usually plenty of local chat going on so it's easier to dive into the conversation and start getting to know new people. 

The Shelter was the first place I called home in SL. Great place.

My SL partner and I are opening our own SIM to day so hmu if you're interested in checking it out 😎

• Thanks 1

I never heard The Shelter myself. Ya'll make me want to go check it out. lol To the OP the only place I usually feel safe in recommending is Franks Place, but it has a group joining fee of 1k lindens. It's formal, but well worth the money. I've never had no chick randomly ask me for a shag when I went there and I've never heard any complaints from any of the ladies I am friends with who go and they do a lot of events and stuff as well as host live acts. So if ya don't mind the join fee and the formal scene I'd say give it a go. I met a lot of nice people that go there mate. ;)

The Shelter is good, but sometimes quiet. I met a friend there who is still a valued friend, after a long time......

The Frank's I know is free to attend but short on local chat, and I rarely go now. 

Just explore explore explore.....is all it takes 

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha MRSCANDIREDBONE. There are definitely nice people in SL, keep on looking! As a WOC (AOC - Avatar Of Color??) I can confirm that racism does exist in SL. SL is made of people after all, so you'll get a little of everything. Remember who you are, not who they are.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ionlorder said:

They don't even talk to me, and when I greet they ignore me.
I usually don't send internal messages, so I always do it in a local chat, but nobody greets me anyway. JAJAJAJ THAT SAD 

Yea same here, usually I get no response. I once went to a place we’re a small group of ppl chat about sci-go and fantasy movies every Saturday. They were nice and welcomed me, they announce it on the event page. 
I like to go to Little Yoshiwara. It’s a Japanese Sim that promotes Japanese culture from the Edo period. They do activities there and you can join the group to partake in those activities and maybe you can make friends there. Everybody is super friendly.

3 minutes ago, G3orginaRos3 said:

Sí, aquí, por lo general, no recibo respuesta. Una vez fui a un lugar en el que somos un pequeño grupo de chat sobre películas de ciencia ficción y fantasía todos los sábados. Fueron amables y me dieron la bienvenida, lo anuncian en la página del evento. 
Me gusta ir a Little Yoshiwara. Es un Sim japonés que promueve la cultura japonesa del período Edo. Hacen actividades allí y puedes unirte al grupo para participar en esas actividades y tal vez puedas hacer amigos allí. Todos son super amables.

Thank you very much! I really didn't know that sim, I'll go see him and see how he is.

2 hours ago, Ionlorder said:

Thank you very much! I really didn't know that sim, I'll go see him and see how he is.

:) el sim suele estar vacío pero x lo general hacen actividades los fines de semana. Me gusta ir allí cuando está vacío también xq es bonito. Espero que te guste.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 4:17 AM, Ionlorder said:

They don't even talk to me, and when I greet they ignore me.
I usually don't send internal messages, so I always do it in a local chat, but nobody greets me anyway. JAJAJAJ THAT SAD 

If you talk in general chat everybody think : it is not for me. If you send private message I think you have much more chance to get answer. My statistics. 1 chance over 5 try. In general chat 1 chance every 20 try.

Keep trying if is like lottery more you play more you have chance to win.

5 hours ago, LeoSylvain said:

If you talk in general chat everybody think : it is not for me. If you send private message I think you have much more chance to get answer. My statistics. 1 chance over 5 try. In general chat 1 chance every 20 try.

Keep trying if is like lottery more you play more you have chance to win.

You may be hanging around the wrong places. Nevertheless, if I see you chat in open chat I'll answer and we can chat in open chat. If you IM me, I'll answer always. It will be different depending on where you are, what everyone is doing, and who you message.

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

What is the good places and the wrong one?

A good place would be, for example, Tempura Island. Go there, then find the Tai Chi circle and sit on one of the poseballs. Then just start chatting. Real, live people will reply and the chat can go on and on. The wrong places are wherever it is one goes where they get the result that @LeoSylvain described.

This is my first forum post so bear with me >.<.   I can certainly empathize with the frustrations a person might have with finding friends in Second Life. It can seem like a barren wasteland of afk avatars, unfriendly or shy people waiting for someone else to make the first move. And having to be the aggressor, feeling like you are bothering other people, well it can leave you feeling pretty negative about Second Life in general. Now I can't speak for other people, but from my own experience, I can maybe share some personal preferences.

While some people detest local chat, it is my favorite place to meet new friends. Why? Conversation is usually pretty casual, and I don't feel the pressure to answer which a boon for  an anxious person. IMs sometimes feel like work for me because I am a terrible at multitasking. I simply don't have the brain power to divide my attention between conversations I may be having with others, and a new person that I may have attracted for whatever reason. I don't mind people asking me questions pertaining to SL in unsolicited IMs, I in fact love to help if I can. But, I won't go out of my way to keep those conversations going usually.

Now you just have to find the best hubs for open conversation. Personally,  I do not hang out in places where other avatars are spamming emotes (honestly it's the quickest way to get blocked by me). You want a place where people are chatting at leisurely pace. I found my current friends by consistently going to the same music venues, and interacting with local chat going on there. And it didn't happen over night either. Took me several months to really get to know them, but your mileage may vary.

Aside from music clubs, I recommend joining groups that interest you in SL. Even my store groups are popping off with lively discussions all the time! Having a predetermined common interest is one of the easiest ways  to organically interact with new people.

Any genuine friendship will take some time to develop as it should.  Don't lose heart though, your people are out there!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.