Genus neck fix for Kemono body

RoxyM1978

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone I'm kinda new to all the mesh stuff so I was hoping to get some help with a problem I'm having, I have a kemono body but I dont really like the head it came with so I bought a Genus head, but now I cant seem to find compatible skins for the two, can someone help me please?

• Like 1

I haven't worn my Kemono in years. I also have the Avatar 2.0 by Utilizator and I remember that in the EXTRAS box that came with AV 2.0 is a "neck fix" add-on that helps the neck fit "standard" Mesh heads. Check your Kemono box to see if there's one in there. It may be in some kind of "extras" box.

• Like 1

Kemono needs kemono specific appliers, Genus can use genus appliers or omega. I tried looking up to see if there was an Omega relay for the Kemono body, but sadly they do not seem to exist.

Also, to my knowledge, no one has made a skin-set for the Genus that includes a Kemono body applier. Most body appliers made to pair with Genus Head skins are for slink, maitreya, TMP, or other bodies.

A neck fix might help with blending or sizing, but you might have to look into using another body to get the look you want.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KirinGale said:

Kemono needs kemono specific appliers, Genus can use genus appliers or omega. I tried looking up to see if there was an Omega relay for the Kemono body, but sadly they do not seem to exist.

Also, to my knowledge, no one has made a skin-set for the Genus that includes a Kemono body applier. Most body appliers made to pair with Genus Head skins are for slink, maitreya, TMP, or other bodies.

A neck fix might help with blending or sizing, but you might have to look into using another body to get the look you want.

There can't be an Omega relay for the Kemono because the body UV is completely different from the SLUV. That's a requirement for anything Omega-compatible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There can't be an Omega relay for the Kemono because the body UV is completely different from the SLUV. That's a requirement for anything Omega-compatible.

This person is looking for a Genus skin that comes with a body tone applier for kemono. I was attempting to be polite in letting them know that such a combination does not exist, and that there is no secondary route through Omega.

• Like 2

Not trying to be nitpicky, but Enfersombre does actually have human skin appliers for Kemono bodies and genus appliers for heads, although combining them seems to be a bit of a hassle because of different naming systems.
Example:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Enfer-Sombre-Genus-Skin-Applier-Peach-tone-Dolly/16787135

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Enfer-Sombre-Kemono-Skin-Body-Applier-Light-B/14886083

So you might need to check out what bodytone matches with what headtone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Not trying to be nitpicky, but Enfersombre does actually have human skin appliers for Kemono bodies and genus appliers for heads, although combining them seems to be a bit of a hassle because of different naming systems.
Example:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Enfer-Sombre-Genus-Skin-Applier-Peach-tone-Dolly/16787135

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Enfer-Sombre-Kemono-Skin-Body-Applier-Light-B/14886083

So you might need to check out what bodytone matches with what headtone.

ES makes kemono/utilizator skins separately from their catwa/genus/LAQ & maitreya/legacy/omega appliers.

The tones "Light A, B, & C" match only with their utilizator heads skins, and the rest of the tones (peach, amber, albino, etc) are for their non-anime head appliers. The skins available for genus do not share the palette for their kemono appliers.

It might be worth a shot, but the color definitely won't be exact.

Edited by KirinGale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.