Find a system admin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately, when I am in SL, the Python icon in my dock keeps popping in and out, as if I need to do something with it. Later, when I log out, I receive a message: "Please find a system admin to upgrade Second Life." I honestly have no idea what to do, or if I need to do anything. I don't know how to "find a system admin." SL seems to work all right. I have recently upgraded to MacOS Mojave, and it did not stop the message or the Python icon. I have tried Safari and Chrome browsers.

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life.
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

Can you attach a full screen screenshot showing that "Please find a system admin to upgrade Second Life." message.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The Python icon is flashing because LL's auto-updater tool that is started before the viewer is written in Python. It probably has a pending update downloaded it now wants to install but can't because you don't have sufficient permissions. That's why it's asking for somebody having admin permissions on your system to do it. How/where/why it happens for you? I don't know. Make sure you have system administrator permissions on the account you're logging into OSX.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.