Store website - Embed to direct buy from marketplace.

Jen007 Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have alots of website visits from second life residents. Should be nice to have an embed html code to let my website visitors buy my products from marketplace without opening the marketplace website.

Marketplace still get the 5% comission.

Yeah this would be great I have a website too & an easier buying process with less clicks required would definitely be beneficial.

Maybe someday it will come? Don't think the marketplace is in a finalized unchangeable state :matte-motes-grin:

As to the traffic comment, yeah as long as Linden Lab still gets the commision I doubt they will cry for lost traffic :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

brilliant idea :) but it guess your clients would have to be logged into their sl account in some way or another for the lindens to be deducted when they purchase the items for sale. Unless the sl marketplace had an official task-bar kinda thingie, so you could be logged in while surfing on other sites and buying stuff from there using lindens.

Virwox released a payment type button on their site,
You enter your avs name and how much your product is and i guess the user logs in somwehere with their avs name
And can purchase from your payment link which can send them to an url of your choise.

Actually i don't see how that is really gonna help deliver products but it's cool
Maybe would be useful for subscriptions or something like that.

It was nice to hear about it though and they're working a more advanced transactional API.

Hello,

If you want to give it a try, we have a simple version ready at https://www.virwox.com/checkout_button.php (log in first).

This helps you generating a button for accepting payments. You can also try it right away and pay something to yourself for example.

If you leave the notify URL empty, you will be sent an email to your email address stored with our VirWoX user when a payment arrives. For automatic processing you need to have a script and specify its URL there

Enjoy,

VirWoX Support

"your clients would have to be logged into their sl account"

Thats easy for LL to do, the embed code should work something like this.

* Display a "Buy now" button at website.

* Client click the button a small popup login window shows up.

* Client insert username and password of sl account into the popup window and click login.

* After that the login popup window changes to a quantity popup page (without opening a new popup) and client is able to chose "quantity" of that single object.

* Click "checkout" button

* Done!

If user wants to purchase other products they need to do same step in separeted orders.

The idea is to have no cart to simplify the purchases.

We also should be able to chose color of background + color of text of the popup windows.

To avoid fakes of popup windows, LL should implement some safe checking system, like paypal.

I would love to be able to do this myself, but the problem that you're facing, where LL is concerned, is the fact that they want to show ads all over the place.

A - I don't want banners popping up on my website. I pay a host each month so that way I don't have to have forced banners and text ads.
B - Think of how much quicker the ads would be played out if they showed through personal websites. I could sit here, set my broswer to auto-refresh every 2 seconds and someone's going to be mad they just paid all that money for an ad to run for 100,000 impressions that I just ran through in no time.
C - Anyone could easily fake a login screen for SL and use that to collect account information. Some would notice the differences, but others wouldn't. There isn't enough security in place.
D - Some hosts do not allow you to have embeded websites that use HTTPS as opposed to HTTP, the difference being a security certificate.

As much as I love the idea, I don't see it happening any time soon. I'm actually looking at the possibility of hosting this type of thing as a service, though it would not be a duplicate of Marketplace in any sense. But, for those who wish to sell from their personal/business websites, it would suffice.

I'm not saying I'm 100% correct in my logic, but I would love to hear someone is closer tied in with Marketplace (or even a Linden) shed some light on the idea. 

There's a lot of market place type sites that do this allready, take L$ payment and deliver the item,
The problem is it's not as simple to setup a website that's implimented with the LL payment system.
If there was everybody would have one, i think there should be a nice tutorial on building such a website.
Everyone should be able to sell their own SL products from their own websites.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.