Compliments - What has made you feel good?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If you people keep up this "I enjoy compliments" crap, I'm gonna have to set the entire thread on fire.

DON'T TEMPT MEEEEE!!!

I can wade Grief -
Whole Pools of it -
I'm used to that -
But the least push of Joy
Breaks up my feet -
And I tip - drunken -
Let no Pebble - smile -
'Twas the New Liquor -
That was all!

Power is the only Pain -
Stranded - thro' Discipline,
Till Weights - will hang -
Give Balm - to Giants -
And they'll wilt, like Men -
Give Himmaleh -
They'll carry - Him!

How's this?

Edited by Caerolle Llewellyn
fixed spacing—thanks Maddy! You're the BEST!!!! ;)
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

How's this? (sorry, the Forum line spacing does not work well with poetry, sadly...)

I've a poem in my picks, brought to my attention by a long gone friend, Mags Indigo...

Walking

I walked a mile with Pleasure; 
She chatted all the way; 
But left me none the wiser 
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow, 
And ne’er a word said she; 
But, oh! The things I learned from her, 
When sorrow walked with me.

-Robert Browning Hamilton

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've a poem in my picks, brought to my attention by a long gone friend, Mags Indigo...

Walking

I walked a mile with Pleasure; 
She chatted all the way; 
But left me none the wiser 
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow, 
And ne’er a word said she; 
But, oh! The things I learned from her, 
When sorrow walked with me.

-Robert Browning Hamilton

Well, you certainly are consistent. :)

How did you get the tighter line spacing? Smaller font?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Well, you certainly are consistent. :)

...beams!

11 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

How did you get the tighter line spacing? Smaller font?

The forum treats regular carriage returns as "new paragraph", inserting a blank line. Shift-Return avoids that. When copy-pasting text from elsewhere, you'll have to backspace over the returns until the lines merge into one, then type shift-return.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...beams!

The forum treats regular carriage returns as "new paragraph", inserting a blank line. Shift-Return avoids that. When copy-pasting text from elsewhere, you'll have to backspace over the returns until the lines merge into one, then type shift-return.

Lol

Thanks for the tip...I do that in Word all the time to get a soft return with no paragraph spacing, did not think to try it here! I will go back and fix it for posterity, lol.

You are just so knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and courteous! (sorry...) ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If you people keep up this "I enjoy compliments" crap, I'm gonna have to set the entire thread on fire.

DON'T TEMPT MEEEEE!!!

I never proclaimed to 'enjoy it'.

Actually, I do not think I ever really accepted the compliment that the Dinkie Nourishment is cute...I simply agreed because it is cute.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I love putting together sims. I don't advertise these places, you'll not find them on destination guides, but I do like visitors. My last build was 3/4 of a sim, underwater in Fanci's Deep (such a shame, after I left most of the long-lived Fanci's Deep was sold and dismantled). My builds usually have a story behind them, and this one had a submerged group of buildings along a two-lane road. I didn't get all compliments. :D  One memorable fella just couldn't get over the fact that I placed paving underwater, and we had a longish IM over how weird the whole thing was. But back to the compliments. :) I had several complete strangers IM me about the build. They took the time to find out whose land it was and to IM me. The comments were so nice! I beamed. Similarly, I found some photos on Flickr where strangers took pictures on my build just cuz. Beam.

Speaking of pictures, I also get like a five-year-old whose mom sticks a crayon drawing on the fridge when people compliment my photography. I have had a few people who couldn't believe they weren't PShopped (I don't do post-production). That's pretty cool.

Yeah, basically I'm pretty easy. Pat me on the head. I'm easily swayed.

fanci deep 33_001.png

I'd love to see one of your sims.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
  • Like 5

For me the ultimate feel good on SL happens when I can engage with someone in a conversation, giving each other our full attention.  You know, when you feel heard, respected?  There seems a whole lot of "hit and run" here...so those times when I can have a good chat matter.  Sometimes that happens sitting on a SIM and one crosses your path.  Compliments are hard to accept...esp. "you're beautiful", as it is only my avatar and she happened to come out nice.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I'd love to see one of your sims.

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Me too. We're gonna need an LM if you've got something currently up, @Seicher Rae

Aww, thank you, you guys.

Unfortunately RL situations forced me to give up my last build, at Fanci's Deep. There are no plans in the foreseeable future for more fun stuff like sim design. I really miss it! It is all photographs and memories now. :::breaks into humming with Jim Croce::: Let's see if there are any easily available photos in the vault. :::rustles and swears:::

The water photo is another part of the Fanci Deep place. The desert one was set on a distant planet (so the story went), kind of along the Firefly universe. Both had interiors decorated, little surprise bits to find tucked away in places, including pieces by Bryn Oh and other SL artists. The "Firefly" one had a deep back story and there were diary notes from the inhabitants strewn about... Sigh. Really miss them.

original_5b53f732289dd25a88000001.png

lightning bug.png

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Aww, thank you, you guys.

Unfortunately RL situations forced me to give up my last build, at Fanci's Deep. There are no plans in the foreseeable future for more fun stuff like sim design. I really miss it! It is all photographs and memories now. :::breaks into humming with Jim Croce::: Let's see if there are any easily available photos in the vault. :::rustles and swears:::

The water photo is another part of the Fanci Deep place. The desert one was set on a distant planet (so the story went), kind of along the Firefly universe. Both had interiors decorated, little surprise bits to find tucked away in places, including pieces by Bryn Oh and other SL artists. The "Firefly" one had a deep back story and there were diary notes from the inhabitants strewn about... Sigh. Really miss them.

These are gorgeous, Seicher -- as are the photos! I'm very sorry they are not still up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.