Saving Whole sim terraforming

MarcCross

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Builders... sim owners 1f62e.png   I'm sure this has come up before but I can't find it . Question is big one... how to save terraform raw file?? So I can load it again on another region?

Another question.. does it save terrain textures or do I need remember the textures use before?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcCross said:

Builders... sim owners 1f62e.png   I'm sure this has come up before but I can't find it . Question is big one... how to save terraform raw file?? So I can load it again on another region?

Another question.. does it save terrain textures or do I need remember the textures use before?

you can save and upload your raw file in the Estate tools/terrain tab (as owner)
I'm not 100% sure but as far i remember the textures and hights for those, need to be added manually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarcCross said:

Probably good to note that the raw file "copy and paste" onto a  new sim comes in pretty chunky and will not be readily usable --- at least the last few times I tried.    There is a fair amount of cleanup involved and really no way to get things exactly they way as they were.     I also suggest taking a screen shot of the settings (those numbers from the various corners that guage somewhat how the terrain levels will mix your various textures)   of your terrain files  and keeping copies of the textures in a separate folder in your inventory so you are sure which ones you used.

Bad grammar. Middle of my night :D

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3

It's worth the save, but like Chic said, you will have to do some clean-up. I sell .raw files and the prims that match them, and I always have to tweak the terrain a bit as some plants or rocks will be either too embedded or a bit above the terrain.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, MarcCross said:

Here is a great tool that can really make landscaping a breeze!  Link

Make the ground Mesh with this tool!  Link   by turning the sculpts into mesh with this convertor!  Link

Expensive Yes!... it just depends on how detailed and far you want to go 🧐

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.