Sim Greeter...Question

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need a sim greeter that gives out a notecard and a landmark upon arrival.

I don't need a landmark giver or notecard giver that you click...I know how to make those.

I need one that drops the notecard and such upon landing upon the land.

Now, I have typed in "sim greeter" on Marketplace and found one THAT WASN'T EXPENSIVE but it is mod/transfer only.   I want a copy/mod one.

Now, if I mess up the script too much on a mod/transfer one...there isn't a copy.

Does anyone know of "sim greeter" that gives notecards and has a menu upon landing at about 300 linden or less?

Also, is a 'sim greeter' what I need to type in Marketplace search to find this kind of gadget...or is there another name?

p.s.  I was finding a lot of high priced ones by typing in sim greeter BUT I am not totally sure this is the name I need to type in the search box.

Thanks for any advice

16 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I need a sim greeter that gives out a notecard and a landmark upon arrival.

There are many on Market Place. Though you should know that most people find those very annoying. It is better to just plop up a prim sign set to sell contents for L$0 that contains the LM and notecard. if I want it I will click on it. Every time I land anywhere and I am offered a LM or Notecard or Group Invite I don't even have to think about it, it has now become motor-memory, my hand and fingers just automatically click "Cancel, Cancel, Decline". Every single time.

I'm pretty sure that just about everyone else in SL longer than a month does the same.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

There are many on Market Place. Though you should know that most people find those very annoying. It is better to just plop up a prim sign set to sell contents for L$0 that contains the LM and notecard. if I want it I will click on it. Every time I land anywhere and I am offered a LM or Notecard or Group Invite I don't even have to think about it, it has now become motor-memory, my hand and fingers just automatically click "Cancel, Cancel, Decline". Every single time.

I'm pretty sure that just about everyone else in SL longer than a month does the same.

Yeah, I don't like them either BUT with Tinies...there are different animations needed.  Dinkies can do about 80% of human animations while Tinies mostly have to have a special Tinies only animation.

I basically just want a notecard to drop down explaining stuff because it needs to be known where the Tiny animations are specifically.  

And, I may deed my YouTube to group so others can use it when they want to and it needs instructions because otherwise it is difficult to work unless you use my simplified three step instructions.

I didn't want signs on my land...I think it wouldn't look good.  

A drop down notecard explaining stuff I think would keep the clutter away.  

But, is this what it is called a "sim greeter"?  I think I may have found one and most the items on the notecard are going to say NO.  You can set most things to NO.  So it would be just a NC.

I do not have a separate group for my Dinkie, Tiny and Titchy club but I DO HAVE a group people could join if they want to use the YouTube and/or to be a DJ.  So, it would be a limited group. 

I have to go through it today because there is a lot of stuff on this script and I had a headache yesterday.

About the one I got I am not quite sure how it works BUT I thought it a very, very cheap price and a good start for me to get familiar with scripts like this.   HOWEVER, I am not sure it drops down a notecard or not...it said something about IM or local chat which sounds very annoying and I wouldn't want that for sure!  

Edited by FairreLilette

I'm telling you they are a major annoyance LOL BUT - If you want a "greeter" that does these things - IM me in world, I have dozens and dozens of different types, all full permissions scripts, I'll be happy to throw some at you. :)

Edit to add: There IS one script that may solve both these issues - what if when they land, you explain what you want to explain in CHAT? That would be the best solution, I think. I have a script that can do that, too. :) Im my alt: Alyona Chernov in world and I'll throw a bunch at you that you can play with :)

Edited by Alyona Su

8 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm telling you they are a major annoyance LOL BUT - If you want a "greeter" that does these things - IM me in world, I have dozens and dozens of different types, all full permissions scripts, I'll be happy to throw some at you. :)

Edit to add: There IS one script that may solve both these issues - what if when they land, you explain what you want to explain in CHAT? That would be the best solution, I think. I have a script that can do that, too. :) Im my alt: Alyona Chernov in world and I'll throw a bunch at you that you can play with :)

Thank you very much!  Going through a sim restart...will IM you as soon as possible because even my last location is restarting.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.