Home sick, days off do you spend more time on sl?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I fess up when i am home  sick i find i do spend more time than usual  in sl. I find that sl helps me forget that if having a bout with flu or other illness .Truth be told i when sick rather be in sl working on something . How about you? Any thoughts or things to share   ?                                                                     /

54 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Ok I fess up when i am home  sick i find i do spend more time than usual  in sl. I find that sl helps me forget that if having a bout with flu or other illness .Truth be told i when sick rather be in sl working on something . How about you? Any thoughts or things to share   ?                                                                     /

I've been sick as a dog for the last two weeks -- like, on-antibiotics-and-with-a-puffer sick. I haven't felt this awful in literally decades: worst flu ever! (I am a fair bit better now, however.)

If I'm home with a cold or something minor, sure -- I might waste a bit more time on SL. But I have to admit that this past while I've been too miserable to focus even on the fun of SL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

It depends on how sick I am. I was actually home sick yesterday and spent very little time in-world. I was feeling pretty crappy and just wanted lounge around reading and binge-watching Victoria. About once a quarter or so I take a mental health sick day, and those days I do spend a fair amount of time on SL.

• Like 3

Depends what I'm sick with. Last time I had flu, I didn't even have the stamina to watch TV. All I wanted to do was sleep. And if it's something minor I probably won't be off work at all. But days off for non-sickness reasons, yes. 

• Like 2

I was off work sick the other week. It occurred to me to use the time to get inworld but I just wanted to lie down in a dark room with my eyes closed and imagine Tom Hardy was feeding me Lemsip and swearing that he couldn't live if I didn't recover.

• Like 4

I've had some kind of horrible flu too and I found I spend more time reading up on SL 'how to's' and on the forum rather than inworld.  I am usually inworld with my groups and/or building.

I am catching up a little on stuff now.  I just finished putting up Halloween decorations today.  Got my costumes two days ago and done for Halloween now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm retired, so there are no "days off" or any days to call in sick -- real or imagined.  If I'm sick, I'm sick.  I am very rarely too sick to log in to SL, but I can't do anything creative if I do.  That takes 90% of the fun out of it.

We were retired. But got bored and bought a business (a small pub). My man enjoys the place and loves to DJ couple nights a week there, including into SL every now and then.

• Like 2

Like most others, it depends.  Mental health days or days off work for holidays, I'm often in SL and the forums as much as any weekend day. 

If I'm truly sick, I'm probably on the couch watching TV or in bed -- maybe sitting at the computer off & on reading the forums.

I don't get truly sick very often, so most of my sick days from work are "mental health" days.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.