HAPPY REZDAY! post wishes ,is it your rez day,friends,memories of first rez ,how you celebrate

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow ! time does fly!!!  I was reading my own profile and ong Tomarrow is  my rez day!!!!  I  just hide and work on a project on my rez day . Any way if it is any ones rez day today happy rez day !!!!!!!!AND please post your memories of the first time you rez insl where and how you felt good memeories, funny .

And in the words of Patsy and Eddie from AB FAB  to you on your rez day 

imagesCKNROXLW.jpg.51d6de837579d6219d2d2720b3e71414.jpg

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I forget my rez day every single year. It's usually something like getting an IM from someone that goes like " Whoa, XX years in SL! I've never met anyone older than I am..." and I go "XX years? Did I go through another rez day?"

It’s the same in real life 

Sometimes I get carded and they’re like “oh nvm you’re 22” and I’m like... 22? 
Where did 21, 20 and 19 go?

• Haha 4

Happy rez day  to you all and so grateful you are here in sl  huge hugs ,hugs , hugs

14 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

forget my rez day every single year. It's usually something like getting an IM from someone that goes like " Whoa, XX years in SL! I've never met anyone older than I am..." and I go "XX years? Did I go through another rez day?

3 minutes ago, cheesecurd said:

It’s the same in real life 

Sometimes I get carded and they’re like “oh nvm you’re 22” and I’m like... 22? 
Where did 21, 20 and 19 go?

3 minutes ago, sceneris said:

my friend celebrate their rezz day with a party set

• Like 4

On my first day  just rez i was in rl quite  confused and wondered  and a bit afraid of hitting the wrong buttons. And at that time it was a huge grey marble open space  lots of people   trying to learn to move was a major  thing . I look back now at how you would park your avi on the grey stone wall  and hope you leg would not be out of your ear next time you logged on which was a usual occurance. I remember all the conversations,,,and wow ,,,, i laugh now but then it was intimidating . Lolol  . That place from what i understand is no longer there and a new place   is when one enters the world of sl . I remember when there in rl was there was a march on wall street and they did a march is sl at the wall and hall  in sl still confused as to what but the signs and avis ,,,, lololol .  

SO what are your memeories of your first day in sl?

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Happiest of rez day  big hugs ,,, what are your memeories of that day .D you feel like sharing thoses Memories?

I think there was downloading the viewer then immediately having to upgrade it to login. Messing with ridiculous purple system hair before someone clued me in to prim hair, and gave me a pretty decent skin. The much more thorough orientation, and the first object in my inventory from there: "Torch!".

• Like 2

I created my first avatar, didn't like her, then started fresh something like a year later using my real first name. So my rez day and my really real rez day are two different dates - one is Halloween and the other is sometime in January, I think, but I don't remember which is which. 

I do remember my first day, though. A friend from another virtual world had convinced me to join SL. I WAS LOST. She TPed me to her castle straight from the learning island or whatever it was called way back then. She laughed as I ran into walls and fumbled trying to figure out how to walk up the freaking steps. She had ban lines and I was bouncing into them because she forgot to add me to the access list before sending me the TP. 

Because the virtual world we came from was one for adult activities, that's what I (we) came to SL for... so she immediately swept me off to go shopping (she gifted me L$1,000 which I thought was a TON OF MONEY) for naughty bits. Back then the choices were pretty much XCite or XCite. There was no rigging back them, so everything had to be adjusted manually. Trying to do that with nips on day one was a nightmare.

After a couple of hours of fiddling around with my brand new fiddly bits, I gave up. I was frustrated, and angry, and just over the entire thing. I logged out and didn't log back in forth months. That time, though, I was on my own and was able to take the time to figure things out for myself and it stuck, and I stuck, and me and SL have lived (mostly) happily ever after. 

(I still have my Torch!)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Rhonda and I share a Winter Solstice rez day and last year was 10 for us, so big party

Clover and I created these accounts together and were partnered on our first day.  That means that December 21 is not only our res day but our anniversary as well.  Ok, so it's not the official official anniversary but it's close enough to warrant a party.

We don't normally celebrate publicly but for our 10th anniversary we had a renewal party.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I forget my rez day every single year. It's usually something like getting an IM from someone that goes like " Whoa, XX years in SL! I've never met anyone older than I am..." and I go "XX years? Did I go through another rez day?"

I thought I was the only one who forgets her rez day. You reassure me that I am not alone.  Weird maybe, but not alone.

Of course, I forget my own birthday in RL too.  Maybe that's more serious.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I thought I was the only one who forgets her rez day. You reassure me that I am not alone.  Weird maybe, but not alone.

Happy Birthday and Rez day . I as well alway forget rl birthday and rez ,,,   So happy rez day hugs hugs hugs

• Thanks 1

I am going to post every day if i can a happy rez and birthday wish on this thread . rl and sl we get so busy and forget or to shy to  mention it , Also if  anyone wants to make meemes or happy bd or rez day cards and post them as  well , We all have a history in sl and we are all part of second lifes history to lets celebrate each other  and out re and b days and all our memories  hugs love to you all ,,,,,  keep posting ,,, making some rez day meemes   some are funnny 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ditto on both.  Many times, I wish everyone else would forget my RL birthday also.

@roseelvira - I truly do not remember my first day in SL (on another account).  I think I was just opening the map and TPing around to see what all was here.  Also pulling up search and entering various terms and TPing to places.    By the same token, I don't remember Lil's first day either.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.