Double checking if I have this right

cheesecurd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So as far as I understand, if I bought premium, didn’t claim or gave up my linden home, I could buy a sub 1024m^2 parcel of land and own it fully?

What happens to that land if I stopped renewing my premium?

Can that land be any type or is it restricted to a certain type? G, M, A?

Is there any associated cost or fees to maintain after buying the land, provided it fits the restrictions of base tier SL premium by being under 1024m squares?

3 answers to this question

we can buy a mainland property in our own name of up to 1024m without incurring a further tier charge. Any G M or A rated mainland

when we deed the parcel to our group then, using our tier allowance, our group can buy another 96m (for a total of 1120m) without a further tier charge. 10% group bonus. 1120m costs 1018m tier, and we have 6 tier spare which we can't use for anything else ourselves, but we can donate the 6 spare tier to another group

if we do not renew our premium account, and we do not abandon/sell our land before next due date then we are liable for the tier incurred for the next month.  To exit our account cleanly then in order: 1) sell/abandon our land. 2) Remove any tier we have contributed to our or any other group(s). 3) Downgrade our account to basic

• Like 2

@cheesecurd

Molly is quite right, but I'm not sure that she hasn't added to your confusion, so I'll take a shot too.

9 hours ago, cheesecurd said:

So as far as I understand, if I bought premium, didn’t claim or gave up my linden home, I could buy a sub 1024m^2 parcel of land and own it fully?

Yes, that's right.

That situation won't arise.  The system won't let you cancel your Premium subscription until you sell or abandon all your Mainland and remove any tier donations to groups.  You have to divest before you can downgrade.

Can that land be any type or is it restricted to a certain type? G, M, A?

You can buy Mainland of any Maturity level.  But, you can't CHANGE the maturity level of Mainland, so be sure to check it before buying.  Adult land is found in the Horizons regions and on the continent of Zindra.

Is there any associated cost or fees to maintain after buying the land, provided it fits the restrictions of base tier SL premium by being under 1024m squares?

No, only your Premium membership dues.  But, as Molly says, there's a fine point to consider:  Group-owned land.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus, so if you donate your free 1024 sq. m. to a group, the group gets the ability to own up to 1,126 sq. m.  Land comes in 16 sq. m. "chunks", so the practical maximum is 1,120 sq. m.  That leaves the group with the ability to own another 6 sq m. of land.  You can fiddle with the amount of your donated tier to get that back...donate 1018 sq m to the group.  That gives the group the ability to own up to 1,120 sq. m, and leaves you with the extra 6, which you can donate to another group (to help pay for, say, the Forum Cartel Hangout.)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:
16 hours ago, cheesecurd said:

That situation won't arise.  The system won't let you cancel your Premium subscription until you sell or abandon all your Mainland and remove any tier donations to groups.  You have to divest before you can downgrade.

While you cannot request a downgrade back to Basic without first giving up your land and any tier donations, you can still find yourself in a mess if you remove your Payment info or if it fails for any reason.  LL will continue trying to charge you for a while - at least 30 days, if memory serves - and then they will lock your account until you pay them what is owned.  What is owned will be Premium membership fee for at least the amount of time up to the point where you pay, rounded to the month (based on renewal day), and any tier charges if you were using more than the 1024 that comes with membership.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.